Published on July 4th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Who Can See Into The Doctor’s Soul? [NEW TRAILER]

The BBC has released a new teaser video for Doctor Who Series 8 – and hints at some darkness to come in the next run, which commences on August 23rd with the episode Deep Breath.

Stating that “There are interesting times ahead for the new Doctor. It’s time you knew him…” further details are – of course – hidden for now.

However, you don’t have to wait until August 23rd. We’ve heard today that a special premiere event – held in association with BFI Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder – will begin at lunchtime on August 7th will be taking place at Cardiff’s St David’s Hall, with Peter Capaldi among the celebrity attendees.

Tickets will be available to the public from St David’s Hall Box Office from next Monday, July 7th, and are priced £11 for adults, and £6 for children. There is a limit of 4 tickets per person.

The Box Office opens at 10am on Monday and you should call St David’s Hall Box Office on 029 2087 8444 or book online at www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to Who Can See Into The Doctor’s Soul? [NEW TRAILER]

1. avatar Rick says:

That voice sounds like Davros to me. It’s probably not, but it does sound different from the standard Dalek voice

2. avatar Warren says:

Very much like Davros! But I said that last time we heard a voice in the Tardis that turned out to be a Silent!

3. avatar Lord Darth Tyeler says:

Sounds like Davros, but I’m sure that’s what we’re meant to think.

4. avatar Ian Gettings says:

Did anyone actually understand one word of what was being said – I think I am going to have subtitles now as standard for everything on the Beeb :D

• avatar DonnaM says:

I had no problem! Definitely thought it was Davros, too. Which almost certainly means it wasn’t….

• avatar Ian Gettings says:

I think the tv might be set to prioritising music – it seemed easier to understand on Youtube on my laptop.

• avatar Ivriniel says:

Sounded like “I see into your soul, Doctor. I see beauty, divinity and hatred!”

I think it sounds more like the Dalek Emperor than Davros.

5. avatar vortexter says:

Cool! Now he definitely has two hearts in that trailer proving he is not human contrary to what the Moff says. I would guess that was Davros which would be great because he hasnt been overused and it would be great to see him again.
    Great stuff!

• avatar simon magellan says:

It’s been categorically stated repeatedly over the last nine years that the Doctor had two hearts. Why the need to use even this to have a go at Moffat?

• avatar vortexter says:

Because the Moff has said the Dr may not be an alien. He has thrown down the gauntlet, and I am picking it up.

• avatar simon magellan says:

“In that time, like it or not, the Doctor was half human. Everything in that story says he was half human, so you can’t not count it. I don’t think we can ignore it.” – Russell T Davies

6. avatar Dennis Orman says:

Sounds like Dalek Caan to me, which is possible as I believe he went off zig-zagging through time before ending up with Davros…

7. avatar simon magellan says:

This strikes me as a mix of more than one voice – the “hatred” bit is definitely a Dalek, but the words leading up to it? Could be Davros, though I’m not sure how he would now fit into the Dalek history given the rebooted Daleks of the Moffat era. Could be that using the Dalek voice is intended as a misdirection and this is The Master. I’d be interested to know who the actor is – it doesn’t sound like anyone who’s been mentioned, but then that doesn’t mean much!

One other thing – what is the Doctor doing in the clip? It looks like he’s using a phone?

8. avatar Castellan Spandrel says:

It’s a Dalek heavy breather, hence the Dr answering the phone and the title ‘Deep Breath.’

“Are you wearing a high waistband, Doc-torr?”

9. avatar Jae King says:

Did not 11 or 12 say the TARDIS has a gps with the voice of Davros?

• A global positioning system with a voice? Of Davros?

What have you been drinking

• avatar Jae King says:

Too much TardisWiki

10. avatar A fan says:

Makes sense that it could be Dalek Caan, as that one would have a concept of beauty.

11. avatar teddybowties says:

ugh. seriously, it’s obviously meant to sound like Davros. The timbre, tone and inflection is nearly the same. I have near-perfect phonic memory. saying it’s anyone else would be like arguing with Picasso during his blue phase, arguing that it’s green. I’m sorry, but it’s probably Davros. Althoguh I DO miss Caan. he turned all good and stuff.

12. avatar TonyS says:

If this is from “Deep Breath”, the voice may be the Doctor’s internal monologue. Remember which race was present when the Doctor regenerated. There was a deep booming Dalek-y voice at the time. I thought then that it might have been the Dalek Emperor.

It might be the new Doctor trying to figure out who he is.

13. avatar Tommygun264 says:

While it could be anyone/anything Dalek- related, I think bringing back Davros would be more in keeping with the overall nostalgic feel Capaldi’s version of the Doctor appears to be invoking. The subtle & not-so-subtle nods to Pertwee & other past Doctor’s in Capaldi’s wardrobe has been well established, and Moffatt & others associated with the show have been dropping hints that the new Doctor’s temperament will be a bit more reminiscent of Hartnell, Pertwee & other more self-interested, somewhat “grumpy” Doctors from the original series. All that together with definitive statements some classic series villains will be returning makes the return of Davros logical, if not likely.

What ever we see, I remain optimistic & look forward to seeing what the new season brings. Even though I am one of those people who believe Steven Moffatt does a much better job as a writer than as a producer & hope the rumors that Mr. Capaldi will exit the role at the same time as Steven Moffatt steps down from running the show – I’d really love to see how Peter Capaldi’s interpretation changes with the inevitable change in tone that comes to the show when someone new takes the helm behind the camera – I’ll just be happy to have “Doctor Who” back on the air again. I have yet to see Peter Capaldi deliver a bad performance in any role he has taken on, and take the news that the show will be revisiting past villains & themes as an indication that episodes in the coming season will be more better than worse.

14. avatar Ranger says:

I’m not sure who it is Caan or Davros. I’m more worried about what it said: beauty – yes, hatred – again can see that, but divinity? They’re going to turn the Doctor into a God? Surely that’s going too far?!

• avatar simon magellan says:

During the RTD era he was often seen as a “Lonely God” so not that far of a stretch.

• avatar TonyS says:

And then there’s Kevin Clarke’s sale pitch that led to Silver Nemesis…

15. avatar Castellan Spandrel says: