Merchandise Karen as Nebula

Published on June 24th, 2014 | by Philip Bates

Karen’s Nebula on Empire Magazine Cover!

This month’s Empire magazine turns the spotlight on the upcoming Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, and subscribers receive a very special cover featuring the three villains of the movie – and yes, that includes former Doctor Who companion, Karen Gillan as Nebula!

Unfortunately for non-subscribers, this is what Empire does: release a standard cover for retailers and create a special cover, mostly-devoid of spiel, for loyal readers. Nonetheless, that doesn’t stop us gawking at the limited edition covers on the net and trying to control our drool.

Empire 302

It’s a good thing that the regular cover, despite featuring no Karen at all, is still very cool.

James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy, tells Empire:

There’s a lot of strange stuff in the movie. But that’s the thing that makes it different. For cinema to remain relevant, you really need to not make every film seem like it’s Transformers 18 and to try to make things that are a little bit different.

Frankly, if Karen were in it, I’d even watch Transformers.

To read the full feature, grab your copy later this week; the issue is released in UK stores on Thursday. The movie, meanwhile, hits UK cinemas in just over a month’s time (31st July), and the USA the following day!

Tags: , , , , ,

9 Responses to Karen’s Nebula on Empire Magazine Cover!

1. avatar Al says:

Karen is also on the cover of the new issue of the US magazine SciFi which features another new image of her as Nebula.

2. avatar mrjohnm says:

Phillip says he’d watch Transformers if Karen were in it! I’m not too sure I’d go that far, but I do know that Guardians is going to be awesome, and Karen’s presence in the film will make it all that much better. The only drawback to its release date is that I’ll be back at work and summer will be over.

3. avatar Nick Kitchen says:

What’s wrong with Transformers?!?

• avatar mrjohnm says:

Nick, I’m not really sure what’s wrong with it. I haven’t been able to watch a single Transformers film without falling asleep! Except for that cartoon film that came out in the ’80′s.

• avatar Nick Kitchen says:

How can you fall asleep through a Michael Bay film? Is it possible with all of the explosions going on? ;-)

The 80s film is the best of all of them and actually still enjoyable. Held up well over the years.

• avatar vortexter says:

They don’t call his particular style of film making ‘Bayhem’ for nothing…

• avatar mrjohnm says:

I guess after a while I just get bored with all the explosions and chase scenes. Of course, if there were a plot to actually keep me enthralled . . .!

• avatar mrjohnm says:

by the way, Nick, I did give you a thumb’s up simply because of your comment about the ’80′s film!

• avatar Nick Kitchen says:

;-) I’ve been singing “The Touch” all week. A fantastic slice of cheesy American Hair Metal.