Doctor Who News Karen Gillan 5

Published on June 25th, 2014 | by Philip Bates

Karen Gillan’s Naked Selfie!

“Karen Gillan Naked”; “Karen Gillan Nude”; “Karen Gillan Topless”; “Karen Gillan NSFW”; “Karen Gillan Selfie”: yep, this certainly ticks all the boxes. And that’s why former companion, Karen Gillan has posed completely naked for a selfie to promote her new sitcom, erm, Selfie for ABC.

Unfortunately Sadly Stop crying because You can’t see anything in the photo, so while you may not want your kids to see the following picture, it doesn’t show anything that needs mass censorship. Don’t panic. Nonetheless, it’s something naughty internet users have been looking for ever since she first appeared as Amy Pond alongside Matt Smith’s Eleventh Doctor in Series 5 (2010). And as you can see, the photo is below, so you’re not actually reading this sentence, are you?

Karen's Selfie

Okay, so why did she do it? It’s not as revealing as a topless Jenna Coleman cropping up in Room at the Top, something done before she was cast in Doctor Who and thus was unintentional, but which also garnered lots of media attention. (The show itself, by the way, was excellent, so it’s a wonder why it’s not been released on DVD yet.) Now, anyone searching for nude Karen Gillan photos will get this in their search engine, a promotion – complete with hashtag – for Selfie. Good publicity? Oh, I’d certainly say so.

The sitcom is a sort of updated My Fair Lady starring Gillan as the “Instafamous” Eliza Dooley, alongside Star Trek‘s John Cho. It’s been picked up for a full series after a pilot that wasn’t too well-received; regardless, it will be watched by the shed load.

Karen, of course, continues to look completely beautiful in the picture, which has now been featured across the worldwide web, including on the Radio Times.

Unfortunately Sadly Stop crying because The resolution isn’t good enough to set as your wallpaper, in case you were wondering.

Anyway, it will forever remain a strong candidate for Best Photo Ever.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Karen Gillan’s Naked Selfie!

1. She did a nude scene in “Not Another Happy Ending”, ( nice bottom!)
    Not as risqué as Katy Manning lap dancing a Dalek!

• avatar N.Kane says:

I think that was a body double.

• avatar Paddy says:

It wasn’t.

• avatar Rick says:

Yeah, you can see her face in the shot (Not that I’ve watched it more than once or anything…..)

2. avatar mrjohnm says:

Phillip mentions Jenna’s topless scene and Captnjack mentions Katy’s famous picture with a Dalek. But these risqué pictures aren’t just limited to the Doctor’s companions. Tom Baker had a full frontal nude scene in a version of Canterbury Tales! Not that I wanted to see all of him, mind you. I watched the film as part of my middle English lit. course.

• avatar Rick says:

Oh my giddy aunt.

3. avatar Simon Danes says:

Disgraceful! Please cancel my subscription! I am disgusted and am going to take a cold shower.

4. avatar Jon says:

In a related story, worldwide sales of hand lotion have undergone a dramatic increase in the last 24 hours…

5. avatar Jayman says:

I like it.

6. avatar francis cave says:

Phwoar, nothing like ogling over naked picture of a lady eh?

Nudge nudge!!

• avatar Philip Bates says:

Nudge, nudge? Damn. Should’ve called this article “Carry On Karen.”

7. avatar mrjohnm says:

Okay, I’ve just seen a 3 minute advertisement for the series, and I must say that it might have potential. Although I think it would work better as a romantic comedy movie than an on-going sitcom.

• avatar Philip Bates says:

What the heck are you talking ab – - oh! The series! Yep, yep, I’m allll about the series. Totally.

8. avatar Theta Sigma MP says:

I love Karen and it will be a pleasure and honour to see her beautiful naked body in all its glory.

9. avatar TedW says:

Love Karen, she’s so cheeky, cheerful and down to earth. Bet she’d be a real laugh to be with.

The trailer actually looks pretty good and her American accent is great unlike other Who alumni *coughDavidTennantcough*. Karen is going great guns in the US so sadly don’t think we’ll see her back on tv here for a while, but sounds as though we’ll be seeing lots more of her on the big screen with Guardians of the Galaxy and a new western she is filming now and of course Selfie when it’s shown here.

Maybe Matt can get that Macbeth they are both going to appear in, off the ground and into the West End!

10. Pingback: Geekritique News Roundup – Week of 06/22/14 | Geekritique

11. avatar Jennifer Nguyen says:

This is a nude selfie from her new show called Selfie…. in America on channel 7….abc channel…

12. avatar Ranger says:

All in the interests of equality, of course, I demand pictures of naked men.

Though just having watched the men’s diving at the Commonwealth Games, I’m quite happy at the moment.

I’m glad her glorious hair has grown back.