Doctor Who News Grammy award winning Foxes cast in Doctor Who!

Published on May 29th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Cute Singer You Never Heard Of Cast In Show You Love

Doctor Who fans will be surprised to learn that award winning singer Foxes has been cast in a Series 8 episode that is about to enter production, in which she will apparently use her voice to not only act, but sing!

Unfortunately we’ve never heard of Foxes (Southampton-born Louisa Rose Allen), but we’re more than certain that our hip Kasterborourite readers are more than aware of her international, Grammy award-winning stardom, top 5 album Glorious and three hit singles “Youth”, “Let Go For Tonight” and “Holding Onto Heaven”.

Chatting about her casting, Foxes told the BBC’s Official Doctor Who site:

I can’t believe I’m actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! Especially as it all came about from a chance meeting. I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show’s production team who’d been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it. I couldn’t think of a better place to make my acting debut than on one of the UK’s most iconic shows!

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, revealed little.

We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board … well, you’ll see. Let’s just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.

No further information was revealed, but you can familiarise yourself with Foxes below…

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to Cute Singer You Never Heard Of Cast In Show You Love

1. avatar Ian Scales says:

Pretty bland pop music done fairly well. Shows my age, though, that I have never heard of her.

2. avatar Rick says:

I’m 19 and I’ve never heard of her. Looks like it’ll be a cameo anyway.

3. avatar DonnaM says:

Nope, never heard of her either! I wonder if she’s in the episode with Frank Skinner, which they seem to have started in the last few days? And I hope, before they cast her, the production team did make sure she can actually act a bit…

I’m starting to get a funny feeling about that particular episode based on assorted internet clues – I’m a spoilerphile and proud of it; I do hope I’m right, but it’d be the first time ever so I’m saying no more :-)

• avatar TonyS says:

Are we thinking an escaped Egyptin godess? On the Orient Express? In space?

• avatar DonnaM says:

Something along those line. Sounds like my idea of fun :-)

• avatar Simon Magellan says:

Just so long as the Doctor doesn’t do any Dad Dancing a la Ian Chesterton in “The Chase”…

4. avatar Simon Magellan says:

Well, I’m almost 50 – and I have heard of her! I was reading a rather scathing review of her album the other day actually. I’m more of a Lily Allen fan myself.

Moffat likes this sort of thing – remember The Streets back in season 5? He obviously wants to be down with the kids.

5. avatar richy555 says:

That wasn’t Moffat, that was the director Adam Smith who was mates with the main guy out of the The Streets, another Skinner, Mike Skinner. He cast him, on the yak track for said story Moffat admits he doesn’t know who he was!

6. avatar drewboynton says:

Love the title of this article–that’s exactly what I was thinking (“I’ve never heard of her… she’s had three hit songs?”) when I saw “Foxes has been cast”!

• avatar Perry Armstrong says:

I think the title they used was perfect – indeed necessary – for many readers of this site. Had the headline read ‘Foxes to Appear in Series Eight’, I might’ve mistakenly thought they were doing a furry fandom episode!

7. avatar Al says:

Hey anything to give DW more street cred is OK by me. Just as long as Lorde gets cast as the Rani whenever they get round to hiring Peter Jackson to direct that episode in New Zealand they’ve been promising.

• avatar FrancoPabloDiablo says:

Ha, Lorde for the Rani! Yes!

And Engelbert Humperdinck as the Meddling Monk please :)

• avatar Simon Magellan says:

No – Lily for The Rani. She can even provide her own catchphrase – “It’s not over, Doctor, until this fat lady sings”…

8. avatar Mugen Pharoah says:

She’s probably space Cleopatra……

Well as Moffat has said the Doctor is catching up on his phone calls, such as the orient express Cleopatra thing from series 5….and we know he gets a message from Eleven at the start of the series, looks like we got series 8 arc here….including why he would revisit Sarn….voicemail from Turlough!? Or even Kamelion on a Sarn scrap heap? I’ll bet my Inverness cape this phone thing is the framing structure for Capaldi….