Doctor Who News Capaldi Filming 2

Published on January 28th, 2014 | by Philip Bates

Capaldi Filming in New Costume!

Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldi, has stepped out onto the streets of Cardiff in his new costume. Which must mean…

POTENTIAL SMALL SPOILERS AHOY!

The outfit was unveiled yesterday, just in time for this morning’s filming on Queen Street, which saw Capaldi with companion, Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald outside the TARDIS. They were with director, Ben Wheatley, best known for The Kill List, and as lines of dialogue were overheard, it’s likely they’re filming episode one of Series 8. Clara’s also in the same clothes she wore in The Time of the Doctor.

And speaking of Series 8, a possible new/old logo has been spotted on the hoodies of the crew…

Series 8 logo

In the scene, the Doctor and Clara have a small argument, as the latter listens to a significant, emotional conversation on her phone; Clara then seems to inspect his face a little closer – yes, it’s Peter Capaldi! – and the pair then hug.

[spoiler ]

These reports are all thanks to Ryan Farrell… who only popped out for some milk! He has a history of stumbling upon filming, so you might want to follow him on Twitter. Beware, however, that he overheard some significant dialogue (we know who Clara is talking to on the phone, for instance), so only track him down if you’re not too worried about small spoilers.

Notice, also, that Capaldi is still wearing his own wedding ring, something which he rarely takes off for roles. Kinda lovely, really, don’t you think?

Filming reportedly continues tonight at Victoria Place.

Once again, thanks to Ryan – and you can check out more photos in our gallery below!

[/spoiler]

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Capaldi Filming in New Costume!

1. avatar Al says:

You call that a small spoiler? You really need to reword this article. I clicked on that Twitter linking thinking “Oh, maybe she’s talking to her mum” or something. But some of the comments suggest a huge spoiler (I can’t even use hyperbole without spoiling). Stay away from that Twitter feed! Meanwhile, if Capaldi’s going to be keeping the wedding ring, they’ll need to work it into continuity in some way (it won’t be as easy to ignore day-to-day as Pertwee’s tats). Does he have it on in the regeneration scene? The Doctor’s Ring returns!

2. avatar DonnaM says:

The twitter feed may reveal – if the tweeter’s got it right – a significant spoiler but I clicked on it knowing I was going to be spoiled in some way or another. My choice, I’ll take the blame for it :-)

Capaldi’s attachment to his wedding ring – rather a sweet touch on his part, and it certainly adds another level of interest in The Thick Of It to see whether it’s on or off – can be incorporated in a single line I’d have thought. How many times has the Doctor been married? Elizabeth I, River, Susan’s grandmother, maybe others we don’t know of…. maybe he’s rediscovered a sentimental streak!

And I do love that pic of Clara hugging the Doctor and him being all “Ouf! Not sure about this at all!” He’s really looking the part for me – hasn’t put a foot wrong since the announcement was made.

3. avatar Ranger says:

Oh my G…! Please stay away from his twitter feed! Unless like me you love spoilers!

I love the awkward way he seems to be hugging her.

4. avatar TimeChaser says:

I’m also enjoying the awkward hug photo. Looks like another step back to the classic Doctors, who we’rent all touchy-feely-flirty.

5. avatar Simon Magellan says:

I can’t believe that’s the new logo – as it is the 1980s logo! Is it perhaps a placeholder for one while they redesign it? There is likely to be a new logo and title sequence – maybe in keeping with other aspects, it’ll be simpler and starker?

• avatar TimeChaser says:

It is possible though that they will re-use a classic logo. They did it with the TV Movie and the Pertwee logo, which then became the standard logo for the BBC books, DWM, and is still used for the audios and classic series DVDs.

6. Phil’s lackadaisical attitude to spoilers has resulted in reNeducation.

It will not happen again.

• avatar Philip Bates says:

It’s not so bad, really. It’s just a glass of warm milk, a lie down, and a total frontal lobotomy. And they even let you keep the piece of brain they cut out.

7. avatar Judy Huffman says:

it was always going to be hard to follow 50th but this will do. and for some reason matt smith in the full make up towards the end reminded me of doc brown. clara gave a good performance when it was needed ( begging to the time lords ).

8. avatar dr jon says:

Well the tardis looks the same on the outside,I wonder if the logo on the police box will stay the same throughout the new series.