Doctor Who News Peter Capaldi

Published on January 9th, 2014 | by Drew Boynton

Capaldi in Dislocated Thumb Shocker!

The Twelfth Doctor almost didn’t have ten fingers. Well… sort of. Ish.

In a story that sounds like it was devised by the Master himself, incoming Doctor actor Peter Capaldi was injured during one of his final days of filming on the BBC’s new Musketeers show. He got his thumb wound up in another actor’s costume during a fight scene when the unfortunate injury occurred.

Luckily, the finger faux pas will not inhibit Doctor Who‘s filming in any way.

Showing true toughness – and saving some of that regeneration energy that has been so… handy in the past – Mr. Capaldi snapped his own thumb back into place! I think even a Dalek might pass out at the thought of that!

So, Kasterborites, have you ever suffered Doctor Who-related injury at home or in the workplace? (And broken hearts due to Matt Smith or David Tennant leaving don’t count!)

(Thanks to The Daily Mail.)

Tags: ,

Drew has been a fan of Doctor Who ever since he flipped through the channels late one night and saw a girl blowing up an army of funny robot men with nothing but a slingshot and some old coins. He currently lives somewhere in the woods of Missouri with his beautiful wife Barbara.

8 Responses to Capaldi in Dislocated Thumb Shocker!

1. avatar DonnaM says:

I read about this on the Telegraph website. Rather more embarrassingly, Peter was quoted as saying he’d got his thumb hooked up in his fellow villain Milady’s dress while filming a “domestic”….

He sounded very sweet and self-deprecating about the whole thing but – yikes! That must’ve really hurt!

2. avatar FrancoPabloDiablo says:

I cracked my head open on a toilet seat when I was two. Does that count?

3. avatar Sabilom Glitz says:

All I ever did was dislocate both knees, different times though. Yes, I did pop them back myself.

• avatar mrjohnm says:

I dislocated my knee during Desert Storm. Now I have arthritis! So of course, I squirmed just a little when I read the interview.

4. avatar Christine says:

I broke my arm during rollerskating when being pestered by some boys from school. They felt really bad about it, and brought a crying little girl home. They were actually very kind then. Does that count too?

5. avatar TimeChaser says:

I broke my wrist when I was… must have been 10 I guess. I was walking through a dark room, tripped over something, whacked my arm on the wall then landed hard on the floor. It was only hairline so I was just in a brace, but some idiot twisted my arm later, breaking it more and forcing me to get a cast.

6. avatar Ranger says:

I have got a DW related injury and it was a dislocation! When I was 5 I was watching Dr Who sat on the floor next to the door into the kitchen which was open. I was resting my little finger in the door jamb – you can guess what happened next – yep, my mother not realising I had my finger there slammed the door shut. Cue much screaming, crying and blood pouring. Unfortunately, we lived in a tiny village with a bus service of once an hour and my father didn’t have a car. So my mother and father had to wait for an hour before taking me to hospital. Apparently (and I don’t remember any of this, but it’s become a family story) they turned off DW to see to me and that led to more crying because I wanted to watch. Ah the resilience of youth, bone poking out of my flesh and I was more concerned about the good Doctor.

7. avatar David says:

I once dislocated a toe playing Monopoly (well, getting the box down from the top of a wardrobe, anyway). I also popped it back into joint myself