Published on December 12th, 2013 | by Nick Kitchen4
New Clues for The Time of the Doctor in BBC Christmas Trailers?
The Time of the Doctor is almost upon us! However, in perfect Moffat style, we’ve precious little to go on outside of a few context clues and the fact that this episode will see us bid farewell to Matt Smith as the Doctor and welcome Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor. What then, shall we do? We scour what trailers the BBC have bestowed us for more clues, that’s what!
To begin, let’s make sure we’re all channeling our inner Benedict Cumberbatch because what we have to work with are very brief clips. We’ll turn our attention to the first, brief trailer, which aired shortly after The Day of the Doctor. However, the BBC has also given us a few tasty clips interwoven in the trailers promoting the BBC’s Christmas programming.
So let us begin! We’ll list what we’ve found in the footage and then we’ll post links to the trailers towards the end:
- The Doctor walking through empty snow covered streets.
- An unseen dialogue between the Doctor and an unidentified woman (Orla Brady as Tasha Lem, anyone?) who identifies the planet they’re on as Trenzalore.
- A Weeping Angel
- A Christmas dinner scene where Clara introduces the Doctor as her “boyfriend” and the Doctor gives Clara a little smack on the bottom!
- Marching Cybermen.
- Daleks blowing some stuff up…
- The Doctor yelling “hello” as he and Clara walk through the streets.
- The Doctor introducing himself in front of a town clock.
- The Silents – first in the shadows walking towards an unidentified person with a cane (who could that be? The Doctor doesn’t typically carry a cane…) and then cornering someone who appears to be Clara in a corridor…
What do you think? Did we miss anything important? And dear reader, what do you think is going on based on these observations? Are we finally going to get a taste of that “never ending bitter war” Madame Kovarian mentioned during Demon’s Run? Watch the trailers below!
BBC Christmas 2013 Teaser Trailer: