Published on December 11th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

BBC Releases Trailer For Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor [VIDEO]

We have just 14 days. In two weeks’ time we will experience the end of an era as Matt Smith’s final incarnation of the Doctor faces his final test. Doctor Who will never be the same again.

Today the BBC has released a trailer for The Time of the Doctor. Pay attention to the Dalek dialogue, which suggests that drawing the Doctor to Trenzalore has been a huge plan hatched to end the Doctor’s life at the end of his natural Time Lord lifespan.

Interesting things are afoot. Press play above to enjoy :)

Tags: , , , ,

17 Responses to BBC Releases Trailer For Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor [VIDEO]

1. avatar docwhom says:

Begun the Siege of Trenzalor has. Hmmmm, padawan?

• And pee Christmas in their socks, Mister Rogers will.

;)

2. avatar TimeChaser says:

Wonder who Clara is asking to help change the Doctor’s future? River? Another Doctor? Its going to be a long two weeks…

• the Silence.

mark my words.

3. avatar vortexter says:

“The Doc-tor is regenerating!’

• So much emotional weight to those words!

• avatar vortexter says:

A line like that is thrilling and cements your status as a life-long fan of the show.
        And it’s even more interesting when you consider the Dalek’s are not supposed to know who the Doctor is anymore…

• avatar Savitar says:

“You know you could be reconstructed by the hole you’ve left behind.”

A telling remark made by the Cyber Planner in Series 7. One that, I think, shall be coming back around now.

• avatar vortexter says:

Nicely noticed and remarked!

• dear god I ahd forgotten that one! oh fellow Whovian thank you thank you for your good memory. ;)

• i know i know i knowwwww1 Are they gonna give it to us in shiny paper and a bow, or wrapped covertly in Tinker Tailor Soldier newspaper?

• WHO THE HELL DOWN-VOTED THAT COMMENT?!

Friends, we have been infiltrated by non-fans…

• avatar vortexter says:

‘Drive the not-we out!’

• the Flood disliked us! BREAK OUT THE NUKE.

4. avatar calliarcale says:

Oh, Christmas cannot come soon enough…. I only wish the timing was different. It’ll be 8PM here, and that’s my daughters’ bedtime. I let them stay up late to see “The Impossible Astronaut”, but I suspect this will leave them in no state to sleep afterwards! However, I’m not sure *I* will be able to wait to the next day before seeing it. AAAAAIGH!

5. avatar Christine says:

Two weeks really are rather long with this to look forward to.

6. avatar Geoff says:

Looks cool, I’m glad Matt has been given a proper final episode and a weighty end to his Doctors life. I was worried he might go in Day of The Doctor which I didn’t want to see. He deserves a proper send off and last chance to shine, as usual his form looks full on. I should think all the loose ends, why the Tardis exploded, what are the cracks, whos voice said “Silence will fall” will all be tied up at the end of 11s era. I have faith in Mr Moffat to resolve all that, especially after he even resolved why the Zygons planet had been destroyed after nearly 40 years of us (not really) wondering about it!