Doctor Who News Classic Doctors celebrate 50 years - The Five Doctors - Reboot

Published on November 23rd, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

@dayoftheFishDr Finally Explained?

You may have seen mention of @dayoftheFishDr on Twitter, Facebook, even here. But what is it all about? Well, let’s just say it’s a big part of the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who

Well, the image above should have cleared things up – it’s The Five(ish) Doctors – Reboot, a fun anniversary project with former stars of Doctor Who, such as Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy… and others.

Here are some clues from the Twitter account:

As to what it is exactly… well, Peter Davison isn’t unknown for his forays into comedy.

Hit the Red Button on BBC One in the UK tonight from 10.05pm to find out…

Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to @dayoftheFishDr Finally Explained?

1. avatar derekbd says:

Perplexed. That’s what I think. :D

2. avatar TonyS says:

These forays into comedy for which Peter Davison is not renowned:- include Holding the Fort and Sink or Swim do they?

3. avatar TonyS says:

And yes, I realise that this exposes me to comments a bout the comic merits of those two series…

• On the other hand, All Creatures Great is hilarious at times, largely thanks to PD.

• avatar Francis Cave says:

I think they all did a wonderful job on this.

I was expecting some kind of cheapo five minute shaky cam sketch and instead we got a full half hour of wonderfulness.

It may sound bizarre but part of me feels that getting this instead of an appearance from 5,6 and 7 in the special itself is a decent trade off!

All that and we got RTD, I mean Russell “The Davies”, as well.

Simply fab!!

4. avatar Christine says:

This was just great. I had a great laugh and I just wish they’ll sometime put it on dvd. I just love it that they’ve managed to include so many other people. If the day of the Doctor was a spectacle, than this truly was an homage to all fans. I think both RTD and the Moff did a wonderful job too.

• avatar Francis Cave says:

Well if this doesn’t appear on the Day of the Doctor DVD I am going out with my placard to protest.

I’m just not sure where…..