Doctor Who News Celebrate The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary!

Published on November 4th, 2013 | by Philip Bates

The Day of the Doctor Official Synopsis!

The 50th anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor, airs this month. (I know! This month!)

Starring Matt Smith and David Tennant as Doctors Eleven and Ten, Jenna Coleman as Clara, Billie Piper as Rose and John Hurt as… someone, here’s the official synopsis:

The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special.

In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

Written by Steven Moffat

Directed by Nick Hurran

Executive produced by Steven Moffat and Faith Penhale

Produced by Marcus Wilson

It certainly ties in with some of the hints we’ve heard (though I won’t detail them here, in case spoilerphobes never trust me again – so if you want to find out, search Kasterborous!). Hurran’s a stunning director, having helmed beautiful episodes like The Girl Who Waited and The Angels Take Manhattan.

Anyone else getting really excited now?!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to The Day of the Doctor Official Synopsis!

1. yoyosi23 says:

Can’t wait!

2. Christine says:

I am so looking forward to it! I rather like the idea of involving the National Gallery. Great museum. However, I am first going to the big party on the 22nd (as the 23rd was sold out almost immediately) and hope to enjoy that too.

3. I’d get more excited if it didn’t say Executive Produced by Steven Moffat.

• JB says:

…..there’s always one fool who posts a comment like this. A typo is a typo, pal. Unless it’s riddles with spelling errors, zip it.

• David F says:

JB: Steve didn’t say anything about a typo. He was expressing his dislike for Moffat’s production work. (I disagree with him, and would rather read positive comments.) But either way, there’s no need to play the condescending tough guy. Pal.

• Philip Bates says:

I’m not sure what you mean, sorry. Is it that you just don’t like Moffat?

4. dr jon says:

Sounds like how the story will begin,the 11th doctor is in present day England and the 10th doctor is in 1562 with the zygons,and John hurts doctor is at the end of the timewar with the daleks.

• krumstets says:

I think you may be right ..,

5. Joyce says:

I am looking forward to it and sitting down with family in my local cinema wearing those silly Clark Kent glasses…BUT I hope Moffat is on better form that he has been for the last few years, I really do. He’s not the writer he was…fingers crossed and all that.