Doctor Who Matt Smith hangs from the underside of the TARDIS!

Published on July 22nd, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

What We Learned About the 50th Anniversary at Comic Con…

So, at some point in the near future, the Doctor Who 50th anniversary trailer screened at San Diego Comic Con will apparently be shared with the rest of the Whoniverse.

Until then, we’ve got a few choice quotes to mull over… Beware, spoiler-phobes!

Matt Smith hangs from the underside of the TARDIS!

50th Trailer Snippets

Thanks to io9.com we know that the episode appears to take place in the Time War! There are also various fascinating quotes from the trailer shown at the panel (which featured Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss):

“I’ve had many faces. Many lives. I don’t admit to all of them. There’s one life I’ve tried very hard to forget.” - Eleventh Doctor

“Great men are forged in fire.”John Hurt Doctor

“Oh, you’ve redecorated. I don’t like it.”Tenth Doctor

But perhaps most importantly is this from Steven Moffat, concerning some perceived loose ends from the recent couple of series of Doctor Who.

Things we have been setting up for a very long while that we’ll be resolving in the 50th and Matt’s final episode. But the most exciting idea is obviously the one we’ve just come up with.

Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can see for ourselves…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to What We Learned About the 50th Anniversary at Comic Con…

1. avatar Geoff says:

Very exciting stuff, I can’t say I’m too bothered they showed it at a convention first. I’ll still get to see it soon enough and in any case come November it’ll all be revealed anyway.

2. avatar Lewis Seymour says:

“This fall, the Doctor will face his darkest day: himself.”

Is it just me or does this actually not make any sense? Surely it should be “This Fall, the Doctor will face his darkest enemy: Himself”.

• avatar STLShawn says:

Maybe they will change it before it hits the TV or net in an official capacity,,,, themselves. OK, it could be argued as correct, like “In two hours, STLShawn will drive home, himself”, but still very klunky, and I don’t think the grammar police would let that one slide.

Although, I do worry when something obvious gets overlooked. They can’t be sloppy with this fanbase, themselves (still doesn’t work). Tonight the Moff should rewrite it, himself. Tomorrow a voice actor could re-record the voiceover, himself. Tomorrow night the BBC could release it online, themselves.

• avatar Lewis Seymour says:

Begorrah, it be himself.

• avatar TonyS says:

Perhaps they will change “fall” to “autumn” at the same time

3. avatar vortexter says:

I wonder if Hurts Doctor isn’t the one who utters the words ‘Silence will fall’ within the TARDIS?

4. avatar Geoff says:

I have heard that this was a rough cut and the real trailer isn’t going to be ready for a little while. I suppose they just wanted to show something at the convention,

5. avatar TonyS says:

“I’ve had many faces. Many lives. I don’t admit to all of them.” Does this expalin all those faces in Brain of Morbius?

• avatar Chris says:

The other faces in the Brain of Moribus I took as simply the various incarnations of Moribus and not the Doctor.

• avatar TonyS says:

It’s a difficult one, that. Those faces appear at a point in the action when Morbius appears to be winning. Fandom has been split on the issue. No change there then!

6. avatar Bradondo says:

I believe Clara’s experience inside th Doctor’s lifeline puts te Morbius faces thing to rest. I’ve nevr assumed those to be anuthimg but Morbius’ previous incarnations myself, but I know it’s been a point of debate.

• avatar Bradondo says:

Ugh! Sorry for all the typos! My phone is on its last proverbial legs. Time for a regeneration, I think!