Doctor Who Rory Kinnear

Published on July 11th, 2013 | by Andrew Reynolds

Kinnear: Doctor Who?!

The much touted once and future Doctor Rory Kinnear has denied that he’ll be the twelfth incarnation of the Time Lord.

Rory Kinnear

The Skyfall actor, who has been the bookies favourite since he was rumoured to have been offered the part in June, told The Independent he was certain he wasn’t going to be asked:

I don’t where it came from and how these things evolve. I haven’t been and I am totally certain that I will not be asked to be the next Doctor Who.

He added:

If I was an actor who was really longing to play Doctor Who, then this would be torturous, but it’s a programme I’ve never watched, so I don’t even really know what it is.

So is he readying his Moffat-style smokescreen for when he takes on the role or is this genuine denial? Is he even the right fit for the Doctor or should the Producers look elsewhere? Would you like to see him step aboard the TARDIS?

He’s certainly a very talented choice and an unusual choice for the role but is he too different?

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to Kinnear: Doctor Who?!

1. avatar FrancoPabloDiablo says:

Of course he’s not going to be the next Doctor. Very talented actor but anyone who believed for a second he has/would be cast must be gullible avid readers of the tabloids.

• avatar krumstets says:

I appreciate I may be reading too much into this but there is still this nagging thought at the back of my mind that doesn’t quite buy his statement.
      The man doth protest too much perhaps….

• avatar TonyS says:

See what you are getting at. But sometimes a “no” is just that and I think this is one of those times

2. avatar Mary1 says:

Thank god for mature folks like the three of you. Not everyone wants the part.

3. avatar Al says:

I still say they’ll choose someone either no one has heard of or who isn’t on any radar. The media was all wrong in their guess as to who the new Bond was going to be, too.

4. avatar Lewis Seymour says:

I thought the tone of his comments here and in earlier interviews were rather patronising – and if it turns out he is the Doctor, then I am afraid he has a bit of bridge building to do as here he sounds like a pompous arse!

The Indie interview also has a wondeful comment from the interviewer to the affect that they are glad he’s not doing DW as he is too talented an actor to have his career sidetracked by such a show – well, we all know that it killed that wonderfully talented David Tennant’s career stone dead. Whatever happened to him?

5. avatar TimeChaser says:

If he says he’s not doing it, then I’m willing to believe him. When in the past have the tabloids been right abut this?

6. avatar Hyncharas says:

I really don’t know what the obsession is with Rory Kinnear being the next Doctor – nothing better to do with one’s time, I suppose.

Don’t trust the newspapers to come up with the answer, Kasterborites; let the studio announce it when they want to.