Published on June 2nd, 2013 | by Christian Cawley
Matt Smith Departure ReaktionKast!
Regular listeners to the Kasterborous podKast (with a “K) might have been expecting The John Hurt PodKast this week, but thanks to a leaked memo forcing the BBC’s hand over the past couple of days, we’re putting that podKast back a week to discuss the shock news of Matt Smith’s departure from Doctor Who.
That’s right, the popular Eleventh Doctor is close to the end, even if it may not be at Trenzalore, and this week’s hosts James McLean and Christian Cawley have plenty to muse over.
To start off with, there’s Matt Smith’s recent haircut and the potential continuity issues this might bring. There’s the possibility of female Doctors and young Doctors, older actors and even – for the brave among you – the reformatting of the show, 1970-style, into running with an ensemble cast.
As you’ll hear, Steven Moffat (if he’s staying around…) has plenty of ways in which to refresh things for the new Doctor.
Useful links for this week’s podKast:
Kasterborous Series 3 Episode 19 Shownotes
- Our hint of the “announcement”
- BBC Confirms Matt Smith departure
- Who’s next?
- Martin Shaw: “I might go down on my knees and play the Doctor”
- Wizard World Con Details
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? Use one of these three ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast now!
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes!
Incidentally, if you are listening on iTunes, please take the time to leave a rating and review and help us to bring in new listeners to the podKast! We are now offering the scent of freshly groomed Time Lords in a Kilner jar especially to you, dear listener, if you can help us to raise our profile! That’s right – you too can say “you were there” when Matt Smith had his head shaved!
Yes, dear listener – you. What other podcast would give you that?