If you haven’t been using the WhoNews app for your iPhone, iPad or other Apple device then now is the time to get involved. Taking news and information from one hundred and forty popular Doctor Who websites all over the Internet, WhoNews delivers the Doctor Who gossip that you need in your life in one handy bite size chunk.
While the app has been around a while for a small fee, the developer has now released it via iTunes for free, supported by ads. WhoNews Lite has some functionality reductions – push notifications are removed and the merchandise search is currently unavailable – but for all that lovely Doctor Who information you can hardly grumble!
Many of the same features from the paid version of the app are still available to enjoy including:
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch buy once and use on all your devices.
- Most recent news, blogs, podcasts and special/art views – time ordered and drawn from over 140 websites.
- Dedicated Official Doctor Who – stream tracks BBC Facebook and multiple twitter feeds.
- News is downloaded in bulk from over 140 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews.
- Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access.
- Email/SMS/iMessage and post articles Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Evernote, Tumblr, Pinboard, Pocket, Readibility, Diigo & Vkontakte
And all of that is for free! No waiting around for your internet page to load, no soulless searching for information, WhoNews brings it right to your digital doorstep! You’ll need an iPhone (3Gs model and up), an iPod Touch (3rd generation upwards) or an iPad. These devices will need to be running iOS 5.0 minimum.
Those of you with compatible devices are strongly urged to get this app in your life now!