Merchandise Doctor Who merchandise - but what is it?

Published on September 25th, 2012 | by Christian Cawley

Mysterious Merchandise Teasers!

So, what on Gallifrey is all this about? Underground Toys are set to release several classic Doctor Who figures, the details of which they’re keeping secret…

…until 4.30pm on Wednesday, September 26th. In the meantime, all we’ve got to go on is below:

Doctor Who merchandise - but what is it?

Doctor Who merchandise - but what is it?

Other figures are apparently imminent!

What do you think? Who could it be? You can find out more by visiting the Underground Toys Facebook page, and keeping an eye on the clock…

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to Mysterious Merchandise Teasers!

1. CastellanSpandrel says:

Not sure about the one in black boots, but the one in green has got to be a Unit figure, surely?

2. BOJAY says:

The boots probably belong to a Jo Grant figure. Katy Manning confirmed that one was coming awhile ago. The other is perhaps (oh, please, I hope so) the Brigadier?

3. castellanspandrel says:

Yes, I thought it could be Jo a la Colony in Space.

And yes, I hope it’s the Brig! It must be, surely.

I see there’s a Pyramids of Mars set. Call me picky, but I’d prefer it if the Sutekh had both heads – the masked head too rather than just the jackal one.

4. BOJAY says:

I would have preferred a Marcus Scarman figure in the POM set, rather than a second Mummy. But that’s Character Options for you. I’d love for the day to come when they prove me wrong, and actually display some creative sense for a change.

5. BOJAY says:

And,considering what we fans are paying for this stuff, perhaps spend a bit more on the production of genuine likenesses, rather than masks and swapping heads………..

6. CastellanSpandrel says:

Yes to all the above! Grateful as ever that these figures exist, but I’ll continue to be choosy about which ones I spend my hard-earned dough on, as there are clearly times when they are having a laugh at the obsessive Who collectors’ expense.

7. Gavin Noble says:

Maybe Peri in the bikini from lLanet of Fire – though probably not enough plastic for that…

• CastellanSpandrel says:

Arf!

• CastellanSpandrel says:

“Maybe Peri in the bikini from Planet of Fire” – is that what the forum thread entitled ‘We’d love to see them but maybe we can’t get them’ is all about?

8. Rick Lundeen says:

I was thinking the first one might be the Rani and the second the Brig, but I guess Jo used to wear some boots back in the day too.

9. CastellanSpandrel says:

Good call, Lumdeen!

Just wonder if it’s a clump of Unit stuff, though, all released together, maybe as a set.

10. CastellanSpandrel says: