Merchandise Doctor Who TARDIS cookie jar - ideal for Jammie Dodgers!

Published on May 6th, 2012 | by Andrew Reynolds

Store Your Jammie Dodgers!

Doctor Who TARDIS cookie jar - ideal for Jammie Dodgers!

Hmm, those are not Jammie Dodgers…

First we had the Typhoo 40 TARDIS Teapot and Mug and now comes the sweetener! The TARDIS Ceramic Cookie Jar (surely, you should be keeping Jammie Dodgers in this?)

Now you might be saying: “What? Another one? There are at least two models of TARDIS Cookie Jars – the rather rare Wesco Talking TARDIS Cookie Jar and the Card Inc Jar, a collector’s edition modelled on the Fourth Doctor’s TARDIS.”

And you’d be right, you knowledgeable merchandise hawk, but herein lies the rub – this set is designed to accompany your teapot and mug set and is modelled after the St John’s Ambulance design currently being piloted by the Eleventh Doctor.

That’s different!

With relative dimensions of  248mm in height by 118mm in width and depth – with a rubber seal on the lid to keep the contents fresh for longer (just like the actual TARDIS!) – the Ceramic Cookie Jar is set to be released this August and can be pre-ordered now from Forbidden Planet for just £19.99!

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to Store Your Jammie Dodgers!

1. penfolduk01 says:

That’s weird. At the time of typing the photo on this page does not show the St Johns Ambulance logo. Whereas if you follow the link to Forbidden Planet, their picture does.

Obviously some wibblywobblytimeywimeyness.

Unless it’s a result of the EU’s Cookies Directive. :-)

2. Krumstets says:

£19:99 for this ? I mean who store cookies anyway?

Open a pack of Maryland and they don’t hang for very long do they?

( Not in my house anyway )

Only OAP’s store cookies in jars and the like. I’m sure.

Sorry, but this particular piece of merchandising is just twee and naff and only for those who buy anything Who related no matter what it is.

• Philip Bates says:

That last bit sounds a lot like me ;)

I managed to get the old Dalek cookie jar at a discount, and it’s just stored in the room, looking amazing.

• Krumstets says:

I have one or two Who items that were in boxes until now . In my toilet I have a Dalek , a Cyberman head a smaller Cyberman/Cybus model , a Davros model , a Blue Lego Dalek and Tom Baker in the Tardis.

Now they are there for all the world to see. They have generated lots of comment from visitors over the past few months.

( Mostly people come out of the toilet and look at me and my flatmate and say `who is the Doctor Who fan?…..)

A cookie jar though would seem out of place …..!

• Philip Bates says:

Oh yeah, can’t have a cookie jar in the toilet – that would be monstrous!

Ha; that’s quite a collection. Particularly intrigued by the blue lego Dalek and the Davros model. :)

• Krumstets says:

You can get these small Lego miniatures . The contents could be one of any model .

The Dalek is a remote control one – classic Dalek design.

Shame I can’t send you a picture of my toilet….:(

3. I have a Dave Ross cookie jar.

For most of its life it stored pine nuts, as the cookies simply don’t make it to the jar…