Doctor Who News dw-tardis-logo

Published on March 20th, 2012 | by Christian Cawley

Who’s Your Choice of Companion?

The story goes that the BBC will be unveiling the new Doctor Who companion on Wednesday (three days earlier than we estimated!) at a specially arranged press conference.

So, it really means the end of Amy Pond has occurred in the crazy, time-shifted world of Doctor Who production and we’re now moving onto the brave new era of… well, someone.

In just a few hours time we’ll know who. It might be Sophia Myles (who may have returned from her skiing trip to Switzerland after hanging out with the crew in Spain) or it might be someone else entirely.

Perhaps it’s the Tenth Doctor, or an android Master. It might even be me.

The truth is, only a few people know, but in 24 hours time we’ll know an awful lot more.

But until then: who would you like to see travelling with the Doctor? Any actor, actress, singer, sportsman, author or historical figure – it’s up to you!

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to Who’s Your Choice of Companion?

1. avatar Jordan says:

It won’t be Sophia. Daily Mirror TV Editor, Mark Jefferies said: “BBC source has confirmed to me they will unveil new Doctor Who assistant tomorrow. She is “pretty” but “not household name”

• Hmm. Both of those terms could be used to describe Sophia Myles.

You’ll have to do better than that ;)

2. avatar Brian Stultz says:

Sophia Myles would be great! I also think a good idea would bring Daniel Anthony’s Clyde Langer in as a young companion!

3. avatar Andy Shakespeare says:

Guess it’s just coincidence that Sophia Myles is in next month’s issue of Dr Who Magazine then (as advertised this month)?

4. avatar Spacedog2k5 says:

I’m sure I am very much the minority these days (hell, I still consider the pre-2005 WHO to be good stuff and very much still canonical), but I miss the pre-internet days of WHO fandom, where we actually had to go to conventions (or had friends who went to the conventions) to get our gossip/show updates. I dunno, all of this internet leaks and/or spoilers is just taking a lot of the fun/mystery from the show. I don’t think “Earthshock” would have had the same shock if it were made today instead of in the 80′s. :/

5. avatar Rick Lundeen says:

Yeah, sadly, they’re no longer many surprises. I stopped watching confidential long ago and haven’t read DWM in a while. I’m hoping they can keep a somewhat tight lid on most things and I hope I have the willpower not to click on any spoilers in the meantime.

6. avatar Gruff says:

How about Sophia Myles playing Romana 3?

I like the idea I’d Clyde joining… could refer back to a farewell for Sarah Jane.

Anyway I would love to see someone who is non-British for a change like Tegan or alien like Adric or Leela, or even a robot like Chameleon.

7. avatar Tig Lang says:

Don’t really mind who the new companion is as long as they don’t fall in love with the Doctor or vice versa (soooo tedious…..)

8. avatar Caity says:

I agree Tig Lang – the “love” aspect has been done to death. I just want an ordinary human companion who gets in the Tardis for a bit of fun and adventure – just like the “original” Sarah Jane, no hidden traumas, no agenda from the Doctor – just a good friend.