Merchandise no image

Published on August 6th, 2010 | by Andrew Reynolds

Regeneration Figure Exclusive

Doctor Who figures - Fifth Doctor post regenerationCheck out those burgundy threads! In a Forbidden Planet exclusive fans can get their sweaty mits on a Fifth Doctor action figure decked out in Tom Baker’s Fourth Doctor threads.

The figure is modelled on Peter Davison’s first full appearance as the Doctor in Castrovalva which saw him suffering from post regeneration trauma.

Crashing the TARDIS on the planet Castrovalva he slowly realises the planet is nothing more than a paradoxical, wibbly wobbly trap created by the dastardly Master and his beard.

The figure captures a significant moment in Who’s history leading into an era where many first began to fall in love with the adventures of a mad man in his blue box.

Now all we need is a Watcher figure and the dying moments from Logopolis can be recreated again and again.

The figure costs £14.99 from Forbidden Planet and can only be shipped to the UK and Ireland.

For a great review of Castrovalva by Kasterborous’ own Joe Siegler click here.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Regeneration Figure Exclusive

1. Carn says:

Yeah saw this in the Forbidden Planet store last time I went into town a few weeks ago along with the Fifth Doctor/Master two pack and the 1st Doctor/TARDIS set too. I don’t have the space or money for all these extra figures but it’s nice to see things like these get made though I’d say the various Doctors have plenty figures for now, let’s have some classic companions already!

2. Lazarus77 says:

Hey Carn, I’m loving the number of variant versions of The Doctor that Character Options are producing and I want to see more (for example, a true Planet of Fire Fifth Doctor in his shirtsleeves and waistcoat) as well as companions but I think I see why they haven’t quickly jumped into that area. While most people can agree that The Doctor is much desired (yes, I know that Six through Eight are less popular), companions tend to split the groups significantly. Do you like Ace? Do you like Leela? Romana One or Romana Two? If you’re a completionist (like I am), you want every version AND you want to have all the companions a Doctor had (yes, that includes Mel–completionist) which means that Character Options has to decide which companions to make… a tough choice, if you ask me.

3. Lazarus77 says:

Oh, by the way. I ordered that fig and I’m anxiously awaiting its arrival.

4. Carn says:

I dunno. From all the chats I’ve had online and in real life with friends and people in the shops we all want classic companions far more than more Doctors. We’ve got plenty versions of the Doctor now and it’s boring that he only has himself for company. Personally I don’t like owning multiple versions of the same character (obviously that doesn’t count for different incarnations of the Doctor just multiples of the same incarnation) and I’m like that with both Doctor Who and Transformers movie figures (my other big collection, although I bend the rule there by having some of the small Transformers Legends figures just to have in my pocket). Those of us who wanted the classic Doctors are all huge fans of those stories and the companions are a massive part of that and we just want to have them on our shelves with their respective Doctors. Not expecting a load at once, but at least have the most associated ones such as Jamie for the Second Docor, Ace for Seventh, Sarah for the Fourth (and can go with Third).

5. Carn says:

actually thinking about it, CO could just run a poll on their website and in Doctor Who Magazine asking fans which companions they’d most want first.

And then I can vote a million times for Nyssa :)

6. Leosw4 says:

Well given the forthcoming SJS ‘spectacular’ with Matt and Katy, I would like to see a Jo Grant figure from the third Doctor era, perhaps in a two pack with, in an ironic twist, a Dalek. Although obviously not naked!

The companions I would also like to see are, classic SJS, Harry(highly and sadly unlikely),the Brig, Leela, Romana (both versions), Tegan, Nyssa and would you believe Adric (perhaps in a treble pack) or Adric with a Marshman plus not fogetting Peri (perhaps with Sil?)All of the companions mentioned are ‘my companions’so hold affection to varying degrees.
    There are of course heaps load’s of iconic aliens/monsters to be done.

I agree that sometimes you can have too many variations of one character(I’m looking at you Star Wars) and in that particular case I became extremely selective.

I am also a fan of obscure characters being done in limited quantaties-the hunt is fun(the Star Wars range in the 90s was always very good at this), so how about those fly creatures from Planet of the Dead or a Mandrel or two?

This is a nice figure nevertheless.Well done CO.

7. Carn says:

Speaking of classic figures I saw this custom figure on ebay

yeah the robot bus conductor from The Greatest Show in the Galaxy sold for £56.03 so there are people who like to pay for figures of even obscure one-off ‘characters’ for their collections. I even seen the Kandyman on there twice too.

8. Leosw4 says:

Wow this pretty cool-wish I had the talent to do that.