Hi there! We notice you are using an Adblock tool.

Kasterborous produces five or more pieces of original content daily (over 100 every month). Our writers are volunteers, offering their services to give you interesting Doctor Who articles and features.

Money raised through advertising on this site is reinvested into hosting costs, competition prizes, review materials and occasional gifts for our contributors.

To help us maintain our wide breadth and high standard of content, whitelist our non-profit site to continue enjoying it without these pop-ups.

2Entertain Deal Continues

Press reports have persistently suggested that 2Entertain – publishers of Doctor Who DVDs and other BBC titles and co-owned by Woolworths – are in similar financial trouble as the high street store.

The actual situation is that as previously reported on Kasterborous, Woolworths’ parent company Woolworths Group owns the 40% share in 2Entertain rather than the Woolworths retail chain. With the other 60% owned by BBC Worldwide, Woolworths Group and the BBC’s commercial arm are in talks for Worldwise to buy out the other 40% from Woolworths Group.

(Interestingly, Entertainment UK is another part of the Woolworths Group that controls distribution of CDs and DVDs who happen to be going into administration.  Could the confusion be down to something as simple as a similarity in names?)

So – have no fear for the release of Doctor Who DVDs – 2Entertain are not going into administration 

There’s more on this at STV.tv


Christian Cawley

About

A long-term Doctor Who fan, Christian grew up watching the show and has early memories of the Graham Williams era. His favourite stories are Inferno, The Seeds of Doom and Human Nature (although The Empty Child, Blink and Utopia all come close). When he’s not bossing around the news team, Christian is a freelance writer specialising in mobile technology and domestic computing, and enjoys classic rock, cooking and spending time in the countryside with his wife and young children. You can find him on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.


Please note that responses to this post are subject to our comments policy.

© 2005-2015 Kasterborous. Theme Old Paper by ThunderThemes.net