Published on April 29th, 2008 | by Christian Cawley0
Doctor Who Magazine 395
IT’S ALL OUT WAR IN DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE 395!
David Tennant and the cast of the latest Doctor Who adventure discuss the war-loving, potato-headed, baddies in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine…
"Sontarans are great," beams David, while sitting on a deck chair, and watching a troop of Sontarans march across the Doctor Who set. "I think that’s partly because they come from a very specific world. That back story gives them a great context. Robert Holmes didn’t just create a race, back in the 1970s: he created a world that they came from. Even if you never saw that planet, you understood why they did what they did."
Also this issue:
• An exclusive interview with Georgia Moffett on what it’s like being the Doctor’s Daughter.
• Previews of the next four episodes of Series Four – The Doctor’s Daughter, The Unicorn and the Wasp and Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead – featuring new and previously unpublished photos!
• Russell T Davies reveals all about Partners in Crime’s top secret scene in Production Notes.
• There’s a crisis in the Caribbean as Donna makes her comic strip début in Part One of The Widow’s Curse.
• DWM visits Rome and reveals the true story of how a disaster was created, in an exclusive report on the making of The Fires of Pompeii – featuring interviews with actor Francois Pandolfo and writer James Moran.
• Rose returns? Missing planets?! Vanishing bees?!? What can it all mean? We look at the clues…
• What are Ood, but a reflection of ourselves? Find out as we go behind-the-scenes on the Ood-sphere and talk to the cast and crew of Planet of the Ood, including Keith Temple, Tim McInnerny, Paul Kasey and Adrian Rawlins.
• Actress Louise Jameson tells what it was really like to work with Tom Baker in Doctor Who…
• The Time Team discover if Karfel is really as awful as its reputation, as they watch Timelash.
• PLUS all the latest news, exclusive photos, reviews, previews, competitions and even more!
Doctor Who Magazine is out on Thursday 1 May 2008, price £3.99. Get ready to fight for your copy!