Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor 50th anniversary episode

What Is Your Favourite Doctor Who Quotation?

When you’re a pop culture icon, you tend to get quoted by not just fans, but ordinary people, some who have never even seen or read where ever the quote originated.

“Say hello to my little friend!” “I coulda been a contender” “Do, or do not. There is no try.”

The Gallifrey community on Reddit recently asked it’s members what their top Doctor Who quotes were. We’ve collected ten of the best (in this writer’s opinion at least) to share with you. They are in no particular order. The show is so eminently quotable, who can choose which one is the very best? (Though I admit to making my own favourite number 1…)

10.Good men don’t need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.”
- Eleventh Doctor, A Good Man Goes To War.

The Doctor is a complex man. As we’ve now seen from the Twelfth Doctor, he doesn’t always know if he really is a good man or not. He travels through time and space, hoping times and planets. Sometimes he goes where he wants, other times, its almost as if the TARDIS is sending him where he most needs to be. Most of what he does, he does with the best of intentions. But sometimes, the darker side of his emotions shine through. Most Who fans know that he’s met his darker self back in a past regeneration. For these reasons, he tries to keep that side of himself in check, and works hard to be that good man that everyone sees him as.

9.The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Hey, the good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.”
- Eleventh Doctor, Vincent And The Doctor.

Life is all about what you make of it. The Doctor lives this to the fullest, travelling all throughout time and space and showing his companions everything he can. Even when he was stuck on Earth, the Doctor did what he could to help people. Sometimes we face bad times in our life but then there are moments of joy. All of it is important as all of it contributes to making us who we are.

8.The Doctor is worth the monsters… One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.”
- Reinette Poisson, the Madame de Pompadour, The Girl in the Fireplace.

While the Doctor would never describe himself as being an angel, most of his companions would agree with what Reinette says of the Tenth Doctor – traveling with him, being with him, is worth anything else they may go through in their lives or in their travels with him.

7.Courage isn’t just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.”
- Third Doctor, Planet of the Daleks.

I think this sums up the Doctor quite well, and it’s something we all should take to heart. No matter what you face, it’s okay to be scared, to be frightened. Courage is pushing past that fear and doing what you need to do despite it. While this quote comes from a few seasons into the Third Doctor’s run, it something he most certainly faced in being exiled to Earth. He didn’t want it to happen but he faced his exile with his usual determination.

6.One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.”
- First Doctor, The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

Fitting that this famous line from the First Doctor should be included in this list. William Hartnell’s First Doctor began this now 50 year journey and paved the way for the future of the show. The Doctor will always return, even if it takes him until his eighth regeneration…

5. Whatever you’ve got planned, forget it. I’m the Doctor. I’m 904 years old. I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I am the oncoming storm, the bringer of darkness, and you are basically just a rabbit aren’t you?
-Tenth Doctor, The Day Of The Doctor

This is just a fun quote, one that makes me giggle whenever I watch the 50th anniversary special, or even just say it out loud! And I think it well represents the Doctor – sometimes he is serious and to be feared yet other times, its all just a bit of blustering and hot air! Plus it’s a great little nod to the Tenth Doctor’s era on the show.

10298824_1491145761104044_1381581145992977001_n

4. “I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.”
- Eleventh Doctor, The Time Of The Doctor.

This was a great last line for the Eleventh Doctor. He’d been through so much and fought so hard for so long but I get the feeling that although tragedy sometimes seemed to follow him, the Doctor had the most fun and the best years of his life in his Eleventh incarnation. He traveled for so long and yes, had many companions and friends, but his Eleventh form gained what he hadn’t had in a very long time – a family. Even though he eventually lost them like everyone else in his life, they made his life lighter and happier. Some say that Eleven is a very dark man – he willingly forgot about all of the destruction he’d had no choice to making – I say he became a younger man for the sake of a lonely little girl who needed a friend and that he was a man trying to move on with his life. He didn’t know that he’d be eventually searching for his home that still survived!

3.There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes.” – Fourth Doctor, Robot.

The Doctor had just regenerated from the serious and scientific Third Doctor into the younger, lighthearted, slightly manic Fourth Doctor. He’d gone from stuffy capes and ruffles to wild hair and absurdly long coats and scarves. While he’d regained his freedom to travel in time and space a good time before, he regenerated into a truly different man not just a new face. This quote sums up the Fourth Doctor but I think would also work for the Eleventh and even the Tenth Doctors as well. Life is serious but who says you can’t have fun along the way?

This video is proof that this Doctor was most definitely not always the same serious man that he had been!

2.You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” – Tenth Doctor, Tooth And Claw.

Here we have the Doctor trying to remind those he was with that not everything requires violence – the Doctor himself has often eschewed guns and physical weapons in favor of using one’s mind and the knowledge it contains as the ultimate weapon! Thinking through a situation will often lead to better results than if one runs head on at it. If people understood each other, the universe would be a much better place!

1.In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important.” – Eleventh Doctor, A Christmas Carol.

This quote is the one I’d call my favorite. It says something so very important about everyone and it says so much about the Doctor himself. The Doctor loves people, especially those that might consider themselves just ordinary. This is a very big part of the rebooted show – Rose was an “ordinary” 19 year old girl. Donna, while she was the “best temp in Chiswick” didn’t generally think highly of herself, and her own mother was frequently harsh on her. Yet Rose became Bad Wolf, saviour of billions. Donna became the Doctor! He proved that there was no such thing as an “ordinary” person – everyone is unique and special and important to the world, whether they are a lonely child needing help or a captain of industry who needed to be reminded of the joys of life. We’re all special and have meaning. How often has the Doctor wished he was one of us!?

tumblr_mc9kdc153H1rznzjco1_500

Now, we were going to run this as a poll, but with 50+ years, 14 Doctors and all manner of media to account for, you’d have still been reading the choices on August 23rd. So instead, tell us what you think of these Doctor Who quotes, and share with us your own favourites in the comments.

About

Rebecca is new to the Who world, having only recently watched the entire new series in a span of 8 days. She is no stranger to sci-fi though, being a life long Trekkie and has vague memories of seeing the 4th Doctor on US television as a child. When not watching, reading, blogging, or talking about Doctor Who, she is a fan of pop culture and loves movies and books so much she has to keep a list of both so she doesn't forget any of them. She also likes to make attempts at various forms of art including photography and painting. Rebecca is currently working her way through as many classic serials and as many books related to the show that she can find and wishes she could have been with the Doctor and Amy when they met Van Gogh.

'What Is Your Favourite Doctor Who Quotation?' have 45 comments

1. August 2, 2014 @ 7:31 pm Bradondo

Number 6 is, quite famously, from the end of “The Dalek Invasion of Earth” and not “The Tenth Planet.” It was part of his farewell speech to his granddaughter, Susan–the very first companion departure in the show’s history. Not to be didactic but that’s quite an error!

2. August 2, 2014 @ 7:31 pm Carlichio

Favourite quote “Logic merely enables you to be wrong with authority”. From Wheel in Space

3. August 2, 2014 @ 7:32 pm Abel Undercity (@AbelUndercity)

“Interfere? Of course we’ll interfere! Always do what you’re best at, I say!”

4. August 2, 2014 @ 7:41 pm TonyS

“You have the mouth of a prattling jackanapes, but your eyes tell a different story.” Sharaz Jek in Caves of Androzani

5. August 2, 2014 @ 7:45 pm simon magellan (Doctorian)

The Hartnell Quote is, of course, not from the Tenth Planet, it’s from Dalek Invasion of Earth (to Susan) – you will be unindated with corrections…

Surprised not to see the legendary Baker quote from Ark in Space in there – but if the Hartnell error is indicative of the sloppiness of it then perhaps I shouldn’t be.

• August 2, 2014 @ 7:48 pm simon magellan (Doctorian)

And you were in the time it took me to write that!

• Christian Cawley

August 2, 2014 @ 7:56 pm Christian Cawley

It was corrected about 15 minutes ago, I’m not sure why you’re still seeing it.

• Christian Cawley

August 2, 2014 @ 7:50 pm Christian Cawley

Already corrected!

Unhappy with your second pararaph, however. Becky makes no claim to this being a definitive list. The onus is on you, as a reader, to offer your favourite, as per the title.

6. August 2, 2014 @ 7:46 pm Joe Brooks

Number 6 is from The Dalek invasion of Earth not The Tenth Planet.

7. August 2, 2014 @ 7:56 pm Rick

No.6 isn’t the first Doctor’s last words, they’re his goodbye to Susan.

8. Christian Cawley

August 2, 2014 @ 7:59 pm Christian Cawley

OK: before anymore comments are received about item #6, please refresh your browsers, and then refresh your memories: http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/05/change-kasterborous-comments-policy/

• Christian Cawley

August 2, 2014 @ 8:05 pm Christian Cawley

Also, any further observations will be deleted. The error has long-since been resolved and there is no need to litter these comments further.

9. August 2, 2014 @ 8:43 pm Colin

“A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.” — The Third Doctor, “The Time Warrior”. As someone with a lousy sense of direction, this quote is quite meaningful to me. :)

10. August 2, 2014 @ 8:44 pm The Mentiad

“Death is the price we pay for progress.” – tom baker from the brain of morbius. Is one of my favourites.

11. August 2, 2014 @ 8:53 pm Cherysse

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. – 4th doctor The Face of Evil

• August 5, 2014 @ 9:11 am Lee

One of the most frighteningly observant lines in the programme!

12. August 2, 2014 @ 9:10 pm Dennis Orman

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common ; they don’t alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering…” Fourth Doctor, The Face of Evil. I’ve used that one myself many times, still my favourite.

• August 2, 2014 @ 9:12 pm Dennis Orman

Oops! Didn’t see Cherysse’s comment first, honest! Clearly a person of good taste though :)

13. August 2, 2014 @ 11:25 pm Edwardian Cricketer

Oh but there are so MANY! To pick a favorite is asking a lot… Well. I shan’t. I shan’t, I tell you! Here! Here are my “favorites”:

“As we learn about each other, so we learn about ourselves.”
    - 1st Doctor (William Hartnell), “Doctor Who – The Edge of Destruction.” BBC, 1964.

“It all started out as a mild curiosity in the junkyard, and now it’s turned out to be quite a great spirit of adventure.”
    - 1st Doctor (William Hartnell) “Doctor Who – The Sensorites.” BBC, 1964.

“One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.”
    - 1st Doctor (William Hartnell), “Doctor Who – The Dalek Invasion of Earth.” BBC, 1964.

“There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!”
    - 2nd Doctor (Patrick Troughton), “Doctor Who – Moonbase.” BBC, 1967.

“Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
    - 2nd Doctor (Patrick Troughton), “Doctor Who – The Wheel in Space.” BBC, 1968.

“Courage isn’t just a matter of not being afraid. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.”
    - 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee), “Doctor Who – Planet of the Daleks.” BBC, 1973.

- 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee) “Doctor Who – The Time Warrior.” BBC, 1973.

“There’s no point being grown up if you can’t be childish, sometimes.”
    - 4th Doctor (Tom Baker), “Doctor Who – Robot.” BBC, 1974.
    “Answers are easy. It’s asking the right questions which is hard.”
    - 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) “Doctor Who – The Face of Evil.” BBC, 1977.

“Stupid expression, ‘stands to reason.’ Why isn’t it ‘lie down to reason?’ Much easier to reason lying down.”
    - 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) “Doctor Who – The Creature from the Pit.” BBC, 1979.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.”
    - 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) “Doctor Who – Meglos.” BBC, 1980.

“There’s always something to look at if you open your eyes!”
    - 5th Doctor (Peter Davison) “Doctor Who – Kinda.” BBC, 1982.

“For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about! ”
    - 5th Doctor (Peter Davison) “Doctor Who – Earthshock.” BBC, 1982.

“The illusion is always one of normality.”
    - 5th Doctor (Peter Davison), “Doctor Who – Time-Flight.” BBC, 1982.

“Planets come and go. Stars perish. Matter disperses, coalesces, forms into other patterns, other worlds. Nothing can be eternal.”
    - 6th Doctor (Colin Baker), “Doctor Who – The Mysterious Planet.” BBC, 1986

“Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way.”
    - 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) “Doctor Who – The Greatest Show in the Galaxy” BBC, 1988.

“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea’s asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there’s danger, somewhere there’s injustice, somewhere else the tea’s getting cold. Come on, Ace. We’ve got work to do.”
    - 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy), “Doctor Who – Survival.” BBC, 1989.

“I love humans. They always see patterns in things that aren’t there.”
    - 8th Doctor (Paul McGann), “Doctor Who,” Fox, 1996.

“Do you know like we were sayin’? About the Earth revolving? [walks towards Rose] It’s like when you’re a kid. The first time they tell you that the world’s turning and you just can’t quite believe it ’cause everything looks like it’s standin’ still. [looks at Rose] I can feel it. [takes Rose's hand] The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin’ at 1,000 miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We’re fallin’ through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go… [lets go of Rose's hand] That’s who I am.”
    - 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston), “Doctor Who – Rose.” BBC Wales, 2005

“You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I can’t spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on. Alone. That’s the curse of the Time Lords.”
    - 10th Doctor (David Tennant), “Doctor Who – School Reunion.” BBC Wales, 2006

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you? There’s one thing you never put in a trap if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap. – Me!”
    - 11th Doctor (Matt Smith), “Doctor Who – Time of the Angels.” BBC Wales, 2010

“The universe without the Doctor – scarcely bares thinking about.”
    - The Master (Anthony Ainley), “Doctor Who – The Five Doctors.” BBC, 1983.

14. August 3, 2014 @ 1:54 am Mike Springs

From the Invasion of Time:
    “You have access to the greatest source of knowledge in the universe.”
    Doctor: “Well, I do talk to myself sometimes, yes.”

15. August 3, 2014 @ 3:20 am James Lomond

Ooooooh great list. Here’s my favourites (apart from the First Doctor’s farewell to Susan…):

This is just a lovely snippet of poetry delivered perfectly by the wonderful William Hartnell..

“If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you? …Now. See for yourself.”

First Doctor – An Unearthly Child.

I remember seeing this broadcast – not really a quote but an exchange. It’s SOOO GOOD thought. Hope this is the direction that series 8 might head in – where the Doctor is clearly a good man but there’s something dangerous, powerful and unsettling about him. And he confronts *darkness* head on – fighting evil, whichever corner of the universe it crops up in… (sums up my feelings towards the NRA as well).

Sniper1: “He’ll kill you.”

Doctor: “Of course he will. That’s what guns are for. Pull a trigger. End a life. Simple isn’t it?”

Sniper2: “Yes.”

Doctor: “Make sense doesn’t it?”

Sniper2: “Yes.”

Doctor: “A life killing life.”

Sniper1: “Who are you?”

Doctor: “Shut up. …Why don’t you do it then? Look me in the eye. Pull the trigger. End my life.”

Sniper2: “No.”

Doctor: “Why not?”

Sniper2: “I can’t”

Doctor: “Why not?”

Sniper2: “I don’t know.”

Doctor: “No you don’t do you. Throw away your gun…”

And again, I just think Sylvester McCoy was incredible – filling the lines with depth, pain and a little tingle in your spine…

Ace: “Don’t you have things you hate?”

Doctor: “I can’t stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations. Terrible places – full of lost luggage and lost souls.”

Ace: “I told you I never wanted to come back here again.”

Doctor: “And then there’s unrequited love. And tyranny. And cruelty…”

Seventh Doctor – Ghostlight.

16. August 3, 2014 @ 3:22 am James Lomond

…And then, of course, there THIS one :)

17. August 3, 2014 @ 5:58 am a fan

“To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable; only unexplained.”

“You may be a doctor. But I’m the Doctor. The definite article, you might say.”

“There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.”

18. August 3, 2014 @ 8:43 am David F

My favourite line from Doctor Who:

“I was with the Filipino army at the final advance on Reykjavik.”
    - The Doctor, ‘Talons of Weng-Chiang’

It encapsulates Doctor Who at its best: anarchic and boundless in its scope. Robert Holmes paints a huge picture with a single, short sentence. It’s especially brilliant it comes out of nowhere and because Tom Baker moves a chess piece to give it dramatic impact before he speaks.

19. August 3, 2014 @ 1:15 pm FrancoPabloDiablo

it’s a crying shame nobody has included “Carrot juice, carrot juice, carrot juice” or “Leave the girl. It’s the man I want” in their lists. Shakespeare himself would have been inspired by such profound and deep musings ;)

20. August 3, 2014 @ 2:12 pm TimeChaser

I think all the quotes are equally good. A nice cross-section of the Doctor and his personalities.

My personal favorite comes from “Ghost Light”, after Ace has realized that the Doctor has brought her to the Victorian house she burned down a century later.

Ace: “Don’t you have things you hate?”

The Doctor: “I can’t stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations; terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there’s unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty… We all have a universe of our own terrors to face.”

21. August 3, 2014 @ 2:26 pm drewboynton

I’m not sure what it means, but it’s a little telling (in some way?) that half the quotes were from the Eleventh Doctor. “May week’s in June…” “I don’t like it!” “Reverse the polarity…” “Here we go again!” “A universe without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about.” “Come on, Ace, we’ve got work to do.”

22. August 3, 2014 @ 3:50 pm Paddy

One favourite is a hard thing to pin down. I often give Pertwee’s “courage” quote (and did so on the original Reddit thread, hence I suspect its appearance here! ” but other contenders would have to be McCoy’s” are these the weapons you would use? ” speech from Battlefield, the final lines of Genesis of the Daleks (“… I know that from that evil must come something good.”).

From the modern era, the Doctor’s speech in Rings of Akhaten was very powerful. Tennant’s era I seem to remember more of the comedic quotes, probably my favourite being the response to being asked his name, rank and mission.. “The Doctor.. Doctor… fun?”

23. August 3, 2014 @ 5:18 pm Christopher Martin

“Please do not throw hands at me.”

The Robots of Death

24. August 3, 2014 @ 6:29 pm Spider-pope

Both of my favourites come from the same episode, they just sum up everything you need to know about the Doctor.
    “No. We don’t walk away. But when we’re holding on to something precious, we run. We run and run as fast as we can and we don’t stop running until we are out from under the shadow.” – The Doctor

“I walked away from the last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time. No space. Just me. I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man. I’ve watched universes freeze and creations burn. I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe. I have lost things you will never understand. And I know things. Secrets that must never be told. Knowledge that must never be spoken. Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze. So come on, then. Take it! Take it all, baby! Have it! You have it all! ” – The Doctor.

It just sums up the character. He’s been through hell and back, he’s walked in places beyond imagining, he’s old, he knows secrets, and all of that has resulted in a man who will give his life to protect people he doesn’t even know. Now that’s a hero.

25. August 4, 2014 @ 12:34 am Zontar

“Amy Pond, there’s something you’d better understand about me cause it’s important, and one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box!”

“Hello. I’m The Doctor. Basically… run.”

The Doctor: *No*! ‘Cause this is what I’m gonna do – I’m gonna rescue her! I’m gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I’m gonna save the Earth, and *then* – just to finish you off – I’m gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!
    Dalek: But you have no weapons, no defences, no *plan*!
    The Doctor: Yeah, and doesn’t that scare you to death?

26. August 4, 2014 @ 1:40 am James Lomond

Agree with Paddy about the nuclear war speech from the 7th Doctor to Morgaine at the end of Battlefield.

Can be found at 3m15s:

Doctor: If this missile explodes, millions will die. You will die.

Morgaine: I will die with honour.

Doctor: All over the world fools are poised ready to let death fly. A spark could turn into an inferno.

Morgaine: What do I care? This is war!

Doctor: Is it? Death falling from the sky, blind, random, anywhere any time, no one is safe, no one is innocent. Machines of death, Morgaine. A screaming from above, of light, brighter than the sun. Not a war between armies, nor a war between nations just death – death gone mad. A child looks into the sky, its eyes turn to cinders. No more tears. Only ashes. Is this honour? Is this war? Are the weapons we would use? Tell me!

It’s SO GOOOOD :D

27. August 4, 2014 @ 4:16 am Jon

Not necessarily my favorite quote, but one that I feel conveys the ever-changing, ever-enduring nature of the show:
    “This song is ending…but the story never ends.” (Ood Sigma, The End of Time)

28. August 4, 2014 @ 9:04 am Ranger

I love all of the above suggestions, they all sum up the Doctor’s character; but my favourite is Eccleston’s first word – “Run!” It reassured me that the show hadn’t fundamentally changed and that RTD knew what he was doing.

29. August 4, 2014 @ 2:52 pm diddlydumpodcast

“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important.”

That sort of line for me is a bit too much pulling obvious emotional levers. If the guy who fell into the acid bath was important, why did the Sixth Doctor react with a quip?

Interestingly, of the quotes from New Who which you give above, most come across like that – as if they’re signposted with “give yourselves a big hug.”

Whereas the quotes you give from Classic Who are simply clever and funny lines.

• August 4, 2014 @ 10:15 pm Zontar

There many clever & funny lines in the newer episodes
      Many have been given in the comments

30. August 4, 2014 @ 8:34 pm AIVAS

Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) from Nightmare of Eden: Part 2:

“Well… Work FOR? I don’t work *for* anybody. I’m just having fun.”

31. August 4, 2014 @ 10:55 pm james

i do love the entire “Hello Stonehenge” speech.

but also, “Our lives are different from anybody else’s. Thats the exciting thing. Nobody in the universe can do what we’re doing.”

32. August 4, 2014 @ 11:30 pm SGLee

“Is that finger loaded?” Fourth Doctor, The Android Invasion

33. August 4, 2014 @ 11:50 pm hyncharas

My favourite has to be from Family of Blood:

“He’s like fire and ice and rage. He’s like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He’s ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe.

34. August 8, 2014 @ 4:24 pm bobajim

I like this little one, lightly played by bit Tom in Masque of Mandragora:

SARAH: Things are bad, aren’t they?
    DOCTOR: Yes.
    SARAH: Very bad?
    DOCTOR: Desperately bad, but we can only do our best and hope. You coming?

What a hero.