Doctor Who News Grammy award winning Foxes cast in Doctor Who!

Published on August 3rd, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Capaldi Is A “Silver Fox” – Says, Um, Foxes

Sweet singer Foxes – real name Louisa Rose Allen – has recently been chatting about her forthcoming appearance in Doctor Who Series 8, explaining how she got the part and what she thinks of Peter Capaldi…

In fact, it’s quite an amusing story as it seems the young singer had no idea who she was talking to in the conversation that lead to her being cast!

“Behind me a ‘Doctor Who’ conference was going on. I sort of went back and got talking to these guys and I just said how much I loved it. They watched my show and little did I know, they were producers. A couple of weeks later, they asked me to do a song for the show.” But will she watch herself in Doctor Who? Probably not, as although she’s a fan, Foxes isn’t keen on seeing herself on screen. “I won’t watch ‘Doctor Who’. Well, I will because I’m a superfan, but I won’t watch my episode. I like to do it and let go of it and not dwell.”

Meanwhile, the singer has been full of praise for Peter Capaldi, and despite a 30+ year age difference enthused, “I know I’m biased, but I like that he’s a charming silver fox. Sod it, he was lovely.”

So, ladies (and a few gents) of Kasterborous, what do you think? Does Peter Capaldi set your double heart beats racing?

(With thanks to Rick)

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to Capaldi Is A “Silver Fox” – Says, Um, Foxes

1. avatar Lily says:

I agree that he’s not bad on the eyes :) But I’m wanting to return to the Jon Pertwee/Patrick Troughton eras in which the Doctor was a father figure, or like a bossy uncle, and we didn’t really fancy them in that way :)

2. avatar teddybowties says:

I fancy all of them. Esp Capaldi. i cna’t help it. ;)))) Butthen again I’m 30, so.. confusion, confusion. ;) mmm older Doctorrr…

3. avatar DonnaM says:

It’s all so subjective as to be a total minefield, but I would say Capaldi has charisma in spades, which is the biggest asset the Doctor can have. The Doctor isn’t (thank goodness) supposed to be someone you fancy: he’s supposed to be compelling, brilliant and a bit scary as far as I’m concerned. On those counts, I think Peter has things well and truly covered!

4. avatar quigonj2014 says:

I’ll leave opinions of Capaldi to those of you who might fancy him, but her I fancy, so I will point out an inaccuracy in the article. Ms. Allen was born in 1989, and is 25. That’s roughly the age Jenna was when she was cast. Peter Capaldi was born in 1958. The age difference is 31 years, not 35.

• Thanks Rick, well spotted. Would be great if you could email factual errors in future though, as per http://www.kasterborous.com/?p=183382 – thanks!

5. avatar TonyS says:

Is this one of those papa/nicole moments that Mr Peter was so keen to avoid?- albeit in the real world rather than on the screen

6. avatar Ranger says:

I think Capaldi has charm and charisma, but I don’t want the whole is he fanciable debate to start again – that’s not what I am hoping for this time – scary, dark, brutally honest, charming, funny, eccentric: yes. Sex Symbol? NO!!