Published on July 13th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

New Doctor Who Trailer Hits World Cup Final Coverage!

The World Cup Final is currently playing out on TV – so kudos to BBC One for screening a brand new Doctor Who Series 8 trailer during half time!

Obviously we don’t want to spoil it for you – there’s been enough of that lately – so we think you should click play above and enjoy some snippets of Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman and Neve McIntosh as the Doctor, Clara and Madame Vastra in a trailer that is going to be played over and over and over during the next month or so.

That means we’ve got until August 23rd to dissect this, Kasterborites – let’s get started!

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to New Doctor Who Trailer Hits World Cup Final Coverage!

1. avatar rickjlundeen says:

VERY nice. I like the quick look at the T-rex, Clara’s uncertainty, finally, a good look at the Doctor himself. I’m liking this…..

2. avatar Mugen Pharoah says:

Brilliant, been spending a night watching Who instead of the World Cup so missed this on TV…..ha!

3. avatar vortexter says:

This actually looks pretty epic! Ben Wheatley and co have made it very filmic and I love the Tardis new look. Has the Dr lost his memory and noI needs Clara to keep him on the straight and narrow? If so then that’s a series arc worth watching. I think we have a treat in store for us. Well done to the production team! It looks great.

4. avatar Al says:

Who is “Adams Vastra”. LOL! That’s OK, I’m over excited too.

• My new pseudonym, I reckon!

Typed that on a touchscreen. About to change – thanks for the spot :)

5. avatar lozzer says:

Well done Germany, glad I watched the BBC coverage for this half time surprise – I have a feeling we’re in for a real treat come August 23rd. It’s great seeing an actor play the role without any unnecessary frills and clowning – I’m sure we’ll see a lighter side of 12, but he looks like he’s going portray the Doctor in a way I’ve always wanted to see him. Finally excited after not feeling enthused about the show for a while.

6. avatar A fan says:

The Entertainment Weekly website posted this video, saying that it had “Daleks, a dinosaur, and two Tardises.” Did anyone see two Tardises? I don’t think I did.

7. avatar TimeChaser says:

Yay for trailer! I like it, it definitely looks dark and it looks like the uncertainty is back, who is this new Doctor and how will he act?

8. avatar Ranger says:

Oh god, this is looking so promising for what I want the new Doctor to be, darker, more ambiguous, more serious. I think I’m going to burst before I get to 23rd August!

Adams Vastra! Love it. Does Jenny know?

9. avatar simon magellan says:

Really pleased not to see the Doctor running around and waving his arms about for a change – Sitting on the steps and talking to Clara reminds me of the scene with David Warner from Cold War, when I commented that this is the sort of Doctor I’d like to see, one who sits and talks, not shouts and runs around. Have no doubt the new Doctor will still shout and run about, but hopefully not too much!

10. avatar Aleksandrovitch says:

So at the 0,25 mark it looks like the doctor is dressed as a school master and did anyone notice what appear to be bookshelves in the TARDIS at 0.32? And is it/isn’t it Davros?

11. avatar richy555 says:

Over the weekend, i was watching the wonderful Trials and tribulations special feature documentary on the Trial of a time lord dvd boxset ( fourth disc ep 13-14 )and the thing that struck me after catching; like so many did, this new trailer, while watching the world cup final was Wow!!, how much have things changed for us Who fans. Can you just imagine 28 years ago, during the 86 finals, when they were discussing up coming programs they’d made and which ones to show off and give maximum publicity to in or around such a high-profile and vastly watched event as a world cup final. If anyone there had been stupid enough to mention maybe showing a trailer for the return of Doctor Who after such a long time off air; they’d of been sent out of the room or probably demoted on the spot if Mr. Powell or Grade had their way, lol. It is unbelievable that the program having gone through that kind of disdain that it was held by the company that made it!!!!, has not only come through it despite everything but is now almost stronger for it. A testament to the people since then who have had anything to do with making it and indeed us mere fans who have tried to support it in any way possible. It is also maybe something to remember in the coming months when this new series airs and all the Moffatt haters come out the woodwork ( it was J-N-T bashers in my day lol; the more things change, the more they stay the same!! ) and cry out in anguish for a return to the feel of the so-called classic series, to remember that whatever you may genuinely feel about these new stories that are airing; that we’re all as Who fans living in a golden age where the program is supported and loved by everyone who has any contact with it while it is being made, aired and publicized ( despite the recent leaks ) and not by just one or two people, hanging on for dear life; despite the odds against them, like in the 80′s.

12. avatar Aleksandrovitch says:

It just occurred to me….the two figures in the corridor….is it actually two figures inside the barrel of a Dalek gun?