The podKast is back this week with a spinoff of our hugely popular on-site discussion – thanks to Andy Frankham-Allen – about the inherent issues with Torchwood, the Doctor Who spinoff that ran from 2006-2011.
Following this we take a look at the issue of colourisation, and whether it should be used on any classic Doctor Who serials (or indeed whether any of them should be decolourised!).
Join Christian Cawley, James McLean and Brian Terranova for (just over) an hour of Whoniverse chat and occasional madness, and listen out for our selection of recommendations this week, which range from Doctor Who to a Beatles/Led Zeppelin mashup with a lot in between…
Kasterborous PodKast Series 4 Episode 19 Shownotes
- Shrinking TARDISes
- Rik Mayall Obituary on Cult Britannia
- Big Finish & Bernice: Scott Handcock Interviewed!
- Why There Is Something Inherently Wrong with Torchwood
This week’s recommendations:
- Doctor Who Celebration interview
- 20th Century Boys
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- The Ribos Operation in The Key to Time Box Set
- Iron Man 3
- The Complete All Hail Megatron
- Soundhog’s “Whole Lotta Helter Skelter” mashup
The Kasterborous PodKast theme tune is arranged by Russell Hugo. In case you were wondering.
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes, where your reviews will help the show considerably.