Published on June 11th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley
PodKast: The Underwater Menace Of Sexism In Doctor Who
It’s podKast time and we’re here this week with a selection of interesting chats about Series 8 casting, sexism in Doctor Who, the missing DVD release of The Underwater Menace and their collection of recommendations.
The podKast trio of Christian Cawley, James McLean and Brian A. Terranova are back and with no guest this week, we’ve got free rein to talk about pretty much whatever comes up, so listen out for some additional information such as James’ inability to realise that he should have invited a notable Doctor Who companion onto the podKast and Christian’s date confusion leading to the on air announcement of Brian’s brother’s impending nuptials rather than the Philadelphia Wizard World convention, which in fact takes place the following week.
We’ve also got time to chat about our weekly recommendations, so prepare for a nostalgic trip into the past with Robin of Sherwood and some Erik von Daniken-inspired thrills in Stargate SG-1.
Ready? Hit play!
Kasterborous PodKast Series 4 Episode 18 Shownotes
- 5th Norwich Sci-Fi FILM Convention
- Christopher Fairbank among Doctor Who Series 8 guest cast
- Phil Bates refutes suggestions of sexism in Doctor Who
- Where’s The Underwater Menace DVD?!
- Sue Malden, Saviour of Doctor Who
- Doctor Who Nerd Block offer
- Recommendations: Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who: Legacy (again…!), Doctor Who Series 7b, Robin of Sherwood
The Kasterborous PodKast theme tune is arranged by Russell Hugo. Play it backwards for a message from the Master…
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes, where your reviews will help the show considerably.