Published on June 27th, 2014 | by Philip Bates
Doctor Who Magazine #475 Out Now!
In the six-page feature, editor, Tom Spilsbury catches up with Neve McIntosh, Dan Starkey and Catrin Stewart, aka. Vastra, Strax and Jenny! Catrin, in particular, praises Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, and remembers when she fought alongside him in last year’s The Crimson Horror:
He was so playful and in the moment. Every take was different, he had so many ideas and his energy is infectious. He is so generous and so lovely. It helped because I was so nervous as they were my big scenes and he made me feel at ease.
Last issue was the final Eleventh Doctor comic strip – but Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldi is yet to make his debut. Taking over the regular comic strip for a multi-part story is, of course, the Paternoster Gang. The Crystal Throne is written by Scott Gray with art by Mike Collins.
And that’s not all! Here’s what else you can expect from DWM #475:
- DWM pays tribute to the life and times of the Kate O’Mara, the actress who played the Rani in Doctor Who during the 1980s.
- Former script editor Andrew Cartmel talks to the writers he employed on Doctor Who‘s silver anniversary season back in 1988: Ben Aaronovitch, Graeme Curry and Stephen Wyatt.
- Terrance Dicks – script editor, writer and novelist supreme – talks about his work on Doctor Who in the 60s and 70s.
- Showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions in his regular column.
- The Fact of Fiction takes a detailed look at the 1977 Fourth Doctor adventure, The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- The Time Team watch the Tenth Doctor and Donna meet Agatha Christie in 2008′s The Unicorn and the Wasp.
- Jacqueline Rayner and her family take a trip to see a new police box in Relative Dimensions.
- The Watcher poses more questions and reveals dubious secrets from the archives in Wotcha!
- Reviews and previews of the latest CDs and books.
- The DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!