Published on May 11th, 2014 | by Drew Boynton
Stars Of Doctor Who Are Everywhere This Summer!
BBC America’s Anglophenia page has a list of where many of the show’s stars can be seen (and heard!) in the upcoming months. The list is geared mostly to a mostly USA audience, of course, but does reveal some casting that might not have been widely known…until now!:
- A perfect example is that the War Doctor himself, John Hurt, will be seen with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in the big-budget version of Hercules. Hurt will also be seen on TV in the USA as The CW network broadcasts the fantasy mini-series Labyrinth (also featuring Vincent and the Doctor‘s Tony Curran).
- Peter Capaldi, debuting this Fall as the Twelfth Doctor, will soon appear on BBC America’s broadcast of The Three Musketeers on 22 June.
- Amy Pond actress Karen Gillan was recently seen in Oculus, but her more important (if smaller?) role will be in August’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Some people are already likening it to Star Wars.
- Tenth Doctor David Tennant will be heard in the animated Postman Pat and seen in What We Did On Our Holiday. Neither is scheduled for a USA release as yet.
- Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston will be seen in HBO’s newest buzzworthy series, The Leftovers, starting on 29 June.
- Coincidentally, Billie Piper can be seen in the buzzy Showtime eight-episode series Penny Dreadful. It starts this weekend.
- Gugu MBatha-Raw, who played Martha Jones’s sister Tish in Doctor Who‘s series three, can be seen in Belle. The film is already receiving good reviews from Entertainment Weekly, among others.
- And be on the lookout for Catherine Tate (Nativity 3), Matt Smith (in Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut, Lost River), and Arthur Darvill (Penguin).