Doctor Who News Ben Miller cast in Doctor Who

Published on May 10th, 2014 | by Danny_Weasel

Guest Star Ben Miller “Acquires” Doctor Who Paraphernalia

OK, maybe raids is a little strong but the star has come away from his special guest turn in the new series loaded up like a bandit apparently.

Ben, who is set to play what he calls “a dastardly villain with considerable sideburns” in an episode penned by Mark Gatiss, told Spectator magazine that as a Whovian himself he couldn’t resist storing up on items while he was there.

I’ve taken stuff from set including loads of photos which is very naughty because you’re not allowed to. I’ve kept everything; schedules and all the things you’ve got to wear and the scripts. I’m hording it, I’m seeing it as my pension.

Quite frankly if I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. But whats most interesting about this is the nugget of info regarding his appearance. We now know he’s in a Gatiss episode as a villain, promising start, the sideburns could imply period setting as does the use of the word dastardly so fingers crossed we are looking at something along the lines of The Unquiet Dead and The Crimson Horror. Throw in the Robin Hood episode shooting we’ve seen on location

What are your thoughts, is the idea of another period piece from Gatiss appealing, or are you more interested in seeing what Mr Miller has acquired from the set and hoping it turns up on eBay if times get tough?

And could the actor and comedian be planning some future convention appearances, with props in tow?

Drop us a line and let us know.

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to Guest Star Ben Miller “Acquires” Doctor Who Paraphernalia

1. avatar CosmicDebris says:

I’m sure he isn’t the first guest star to do so. :)

2. avatar DonnaM says:

I suspect this episode is likely to be pretty divisive: it sounds as if it could be a bit of a comic caper with a proper panto villain.

As I don’t mind the odd bit of camp comedy (once a series never hurt anyone) I’m rather looking forward to it!

3. avatar rickjlundeen says:

Someone should mention to Miller that sure, everyone does it but you’re not supposed to cop to it! Shhhhh and enjoy your contraban! :) It might ruin it for someone else down the line. I do not even know who Ben Miller is but being over here in the states, I very rarely know any of these guys, or their past work.

• avatar mrjohnm says:

He had a wonderful two season run on Death in Paradise, which is shown on PBS and, according to Amazon, about to be released in the U.S. on DVD. You need to check it out.

• avatar Kenlee says:

Ben was one half of Armstrong and Miller which is on DVD and you need it in your life, trust me. He was on Primeval for five seasons which was broadcast in the USA on Syfy and BBC America. He also the main supporting character in the movies The Prince and Me and Johnny English. I’m in the US and know all about Ben Miller. Including the fact he’s an accomplished author, musician, and a whiz at math and physics. But I’m an Anglophile. I always assume everybody else who watches DW in the usa is one too and I forget not everybody is. haha

4. avatar Coopergreg says:

I reckon if it is the “Robin Hood” episode he’ll be the Sherif of Nottingham in some form – human or alien?!

5. avatar rickjlundeen says:

It’s always possible that they might be gutsy and go for a purely historical ep again. Stranger things have happened.

6. he looks like the classic Master. All 42 fingers crossed. imagine him in a dastardly doublet.