Published on May 23rd, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Doctor Who August Return Confirmed In Teaser Trailer!

It seems as though we have been waiting since the dawn of time, but at last the word is out – Doctor Who returns in August!

While full details of the scheduling are yet to be announced, we reckon that Series 8 will begin on the August Bank Holiday weekend, on Saturday 30th.

Over the past few months we’ve brought you a succession of news items about the filming of Series 8, the first to star Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor. We’re sure that like us you’re hugely excited about this new start for Doctor Who in the show’s 51st year, and while this teaser trailer gives little away I for one was wearing a Meglos-like collection of Goosebumps.

But what did you think?

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to Doctor Who August Return Confirmed In Teaser Trailer!

1. DonnaM says:

Ok that’s it. I have officially given myself permission to get stupidly excited. Barely a glimpse and I’m grinning like an idiot.

In all seriousness I wasn’t expecting even that kind of tiny teaser for at least another month. Now we can start the countdown to the proper trailer!

If nothing else it’ll help kill time between now and August!

2. Al says:

Looks like they’re sticking with the logo from last year with some tweaks.

3. TimeChaser says:

August release: that’s what I was hoping for. Nice to have it officially confirmed. :)

4. Christine says:

Yes!!!! Very excited. My friends are going to hate me because I’ll be talking about nothing else.

• mrjohnm says:

And here we just started a 3 day weekend, so I won’t be able to tell any of my coworkers or students until Tuesday!

5. gruff says:

Can I just point out that the back holiday weekend is 23rd-25th.

Now I just need to find some distractions while I wait and will be avoiding any further news until that date as I really want to know nothing more in advance than I already do. I really hope it’ll be phenomenal and that not hearing too much will help to keep it even more special!

• DonnaM says:

Although it means waiting an extra week I hope it’s the Saturday following the bank holiday Monday – the 30th as Christian suggests. The start of a long weekend, when more people are likely to be away “doing things”wouldn’t be the ideal time in my eyes!

The last weekend of the month, with kids due back at school imminently is, at first glance, a more sensible option.

6. iLikeTheUDK says:

Michael Bay much?

7. One Pair of Silver Dice says:

The moment I saw this, I dragged my mum upstairs to watch it.
    She was kind of annoyed that I’d brought her up to watch a sixteen second video, hehe.

8. Tony Sobol says:

I expected more from this one personally speaking, but I expect they will drip feed more trailers out over the weekend/week to come. Good that they have confirmed the August start that all the spoiler hounds have been saying for ages.

9. rickjlundeen says:

Gah, August 30th seems like forever away. Hopefully that’s just a guess and maybe it’ll hit earlier.