Doctor Who News The Doctor and Amy 2

Published on April 11th, 2014 | by Danny_Weasel

Matt & Karen Set For Doctor Who-Flavoured Calgary Expo!

Oh to be in Canada for the Calgary expo. Four four days at the end of April Stampede park will host the convention and the line up of stars is quite frankly staggering.

Chief among the list of guests are non other than the good Doctor himself and the first face those eyes saw, Amy Pond. Yup, Calgary gets Matt Smith and Karen Gillen, not to mention a host of hobbits, elves, dwarves and robots to mention but a few (seriously they have over 50 very impressive guests going to this thing!)

As part of the festivities there will be a special photo op with the Doctor Who stars, this is your chance to get a professional pic taken of yourself, Matt and Karen for the princely sum of $145 (Canadian, roughly £79) which when you consider that the solo shoots are $60 for Karen (£32) and $110 for Matt (£60) it’s not too bad a deal, though still a little steep in my opinion.

It’s good to see that Matt is now available to travel to international events again after the recent troubles that caused Australian events to be cancelled, fingers crossed this means they can be rescheduled in the future.

Are you planning on heading to Calgary for this event? Will you be paying to get snapped with the Doctor and Amy? Or are you, like me, stuck on the other side of the world going a lovely shade of Slitheen green at missing out on this event. Gloat or rant in the space below.

(Via Calgary Expo)

Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Matt & Karen Set For Doctor Who-Flavoured Calgary Expo!

1. Ginrummy Ryan says:

I have been to the expo three years in a row…so absolutely getting a photo! I heard the demand was so great it crashed the website because of people trying to prepurchase the photo op.

2. Draxanna says:

I am thrilled to say I am going and already have my photo op tix! They were more like $190 though.

3. Christine says:

Here I am again, for the second time misusing this specific forum. My great niece has been reported missing in Panama. If anyone reading this, knows something about the disappearance of Kris Kremers or her friend, please let me know. I don’t expect anyone to know something, but I just have to try. Sorry for using this site for doing this, but what else can I do to help my cousins and their children?

4. Al says:

Unfortunately many fans have been disenfranchised by the fact tickets for the event were only made available online and they sold out well before Karen and Matt were announced, so this news is not happy for guys like me. At least I got to see Shatner and Nimoy in Calgary before the organizers got stupid.

• Al says:

I’m going retract part of what I just posted. When Karen was announced the site said unequivocally that all tickets were sold out. I just went there and suddenly there are now tickets available again, and Karen is now appearing on the Friday. I think either enough people complained or they added to the venue. Either way, for the first time in 2 years I’ll be able to go!

5. Kathleen Pariseau says:

I bought my tickets at a comic shop in Calgary after Matt Smith was announced. The shop I went to had lots left but were expecting to sell out quickly. The photo op ticket for the two together is $195 not $145. I bought my tickets online with no problems at all. Can’t wait to go!!!!!

6. lukeradke says:

I went to the Expo and it was fantastic! Matt is a great guy and my wife got a free photo with Karen, because she loves her fans! (the expo workers weren’t impressed but who cares…lol)