Published on March 4th, 2014 | by Andrew Reynolds

Proof That New Doctor Who Star Peter Capaldi Is Awesome

As if you needed another reason to love new Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi; here’s something that will melt the hearts of fans everywhere.

While filming Doctor Who Series 8, the Twelfth Doctor took the time to reassure a little autistic child dressed as a Dalek that it would be okay for him to be the Doctor now.

The clip, posted by a fan to YouTube, was soon turned into a series of GIFS; leading to the aunt of the concerned young girl to post this explanation on her Tumblr page:

Hiya, the little girl in the dalek outfit is my niece, she’s autistic and was finding it difficult coming to terms with the regeneration as Matts doctor is her imaginary friend, she was worried PCap wouldn’t want to play with her. We are very ecstatic that he took time to reassure her. He’s brilliant!

Upon discovering just how far this adorable, touching video had spread, the girl’s mother then posted this entry on her own blog, taking the time to thank the kind-hearted cast and crew of the show for reassuring a little girl that her imaginary friend still wants to play with her:

Next thing a man walks over to us and says to Roxann hello what’s your name, she didn’t answer so I did he then asked how old she was and she whispered 5. He said well im the director and would you like to come with me. We followed him and he called Peter over. Peter and Jenna where lovely and so understanding. Even though Roxann wouldn’t look at them or talk…which is due to her autism. She took everything in that was being said to her by peter. We spent about 10mins with them and I can not express how over joyed and thankful I am to the crew for making both my daughters dreams come true.

*sob…sorry, I just have something in my eye; I’m not crying, honest.

(Via  don’t let me die in muswell hill | Buzzfeed)

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to Proof That New Doctor Who Star Peter Capaldi Is Awesome

1. calliarcale says:

Dang, that puts a tear in my eye too. Right in the feels…..

2. vortexter says:

There’s more to just being an actor in the role of the Doctor. It’s about putting your heart and soul in the role and being that magical madman in a box at the drop of a hat. Tom Baker had that quality and now it looks like our Peter Capaldi is proving it too. When I was younger I wrote to all the classic Doctors and they all replied sending a signed photo or a few words scribbled on the back of a postcard. That’s what makes a man become the Doctor, the most coveted role on british TV. moments like that video above.
    Your a true gentleman Peter. Welcome aboard.

3. Al says:

There’s a longer version of this where Peter talks about how Matt said was OK, and he says he hopes to be as friendly, etc — but a “little noisy” which might be a clue about how he’s going to play the Doctor at first. Still, this is a classic moment and easily the best evidence yet that fandom has nothing to worry about with this fella.

4. STLShawn says:

Wow. Really. I hope the whole world knows of this.

5. Jamie-42 says:

What a wonderful story. It makes me feel good to know that the caretakers of the (my?!) show are so giving.

Mr Capaldi, I think you have become one little girls not so imaginary friend!

6. Neu 75 says:

He’s going to be brilliant, isn’t he?

7. DonnaM says:

I’ve admired Mr Capaldi as an actor for years; since he was introduced as the Twelfth Doctor I’ve realised he’s also a total class act as a man.

Really heartwarming stuff from him and Jenna. How lucky are we that such wonderful people represent the show we love!

8. anyone who does this is better than god in my book. A stellar, stellar stand up guy.

9. mrjohnm says:

I started class today by telling my students this story, and even those who aren’t really fond of Dr. Who (yes, there are some of those people out there!) thought this was a terrific thing for Peter and Jenna to do! What a class act from both of them.

10. Katrina Bowes says:

My son has autism and is also a very big Dr Who fan. He loves the adventures and and Matt’s doctor so much that he has a bow tie in every color. He is also having a hard time with Matt’s regeneration but this story let’s me know that he has nothing to worry about and Peter will be a fantastic doctor.

11. Pingback: Proof That New Doctor Who Star Peter Capaldi Is Awesome | Kasterborous Doctor Who News and Reviews | Old Guv Legends