Doctor Who News Modern Doctor Who is available on Netflix

Published on March 17th, 2014 | by Jonathan Appleton

New Doctor Who Added To Netflix UK!

Netflix subscribers in the UK can now enjoy all of the first six series of new Doctor Who with the addition of Matt Smith’s second run of episodes.

Series 6 forms part of a new batch of BBC material available on the subscription service, with the first two series of Sherlock also now available to view for subscribers in the UK and Ireland.

Originally aired in two batches in 2011, the series commenced with the shocking events at Lake Silencio in The Impossible Astronaut and went on to explore Amy’s pregnancy, River’s parentage and how the Doctor managed to (spoiler alert) cheat death.

Netflix are notoriously guarded about revealing information on their subscriber numbers, but if word of mouth in pubs I go in is anything to go by (admittedly not the most rigorous form of polling) it does seem to be attracting an expanding customer base with a good line up of shows available, plus exclusives such as House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Head to www.netflix.co.uk to sample the goods.

What do you think? Are you less inclined to bother buying box sets now in this era of streaming?

(Via Digital Spy)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

has watched Doctor Who since those great big spiders did for Jon Pertwee, and it's way too late to stop now. When he's not at his job working for a charity in Hull he spends his time following Hull City's fortunes, listening to Bruce Springsteen and wondering why it took thirty years too long for Doctor Who action figures to come along. Favourite stories include the one with the mummies, the one with Mr Sin and the one with the Mona Lisa. Currently listening to: The Fifth Doctor Box Set. By, it were a crowded old TARDIS in them days...

8 Responses to New Doctor Who Added To Netflix UK!

1. avatar Starbuck Avon says:

Uh, what about US Netflix? We’ve been only waiting for Series 7 for like forever.

• I was so excited to read this but then I saw it was series 6. That is already available to us. I’m looking forward to 7! :)

2. avatar Scottford says:

Video releases need more Value Added Material.

• avatar Lynzilla says:

I absolutely agree, here. I still purchase the box sets for the extra material, but there is so little of it! Most of the ‘extras’ for the series 7 set were released on the internet at no cost, and I had already purchased sd copies of the episodes from iTunes for 2.00 each. Offering exclusive content for ‘hard’ sets would be an incentive. Up until series 5, all of the episodes had commentary tracks, but by this last series, only 4 of the 15 had commentaries. Man, I miss Confidential!

• avatar mrjohnm says:

Yes, please bring back Confidential, if only on the DVD releases. That would be an incentive to buy!

• avatar Philip Bates says:

I think we universally miss Confidential. *shakes fist at Zai Bennett*

3. avatar Rafael says:

In Latin America, we’ve had series 6 for over a year now. And Series 7 was uploaded along with The Day of the Doctor shortly after the 23rd of November.

4. avatar mrjohnm says:

I’ll continue to buy the DVD / Blu Ray boxed sets as long as the series keeps making those standalone episodes that I can use in my English classes. Tomorrow, for instance, I’m showing “Tooth and Claw” to help show my students how people treated Queen Elizabeth and how people were cursed with misunderstandings between cultures. All this because we just read the short story “The Mark of the Beast.” See how that works! And as I can’t use Netflix at work, I’ll keep getting the DVD / Blu Ray boxed sets!