Doctor Who News Here's Peter Capaldi as the Doctor!

Published on March 21st, 2014 | by Rebecca Crockett

Capaldi “Accident” Turns Out To Be A Spoiler!

There are a few bits of filming news we have for you today. BEWARE!! There may or may not be potential spoilers ahead!

Capaldi injured?

We’ve already shown you a few photos in recent days of the cast of Doctor Who filming in and around the Cardiff University campus for the upcoming 8th series of the popular show.

Recently, eagle-eyed fans noted that Who star Peter Capaldi had apparently been sporting a minor head wound, seemingly suffered while filming a scene where he is in a tree.

Yet both Capaldi and costar Jenna Coleman were seemingly all smiles on set!

So what happened?

According to a spokesperson for the production, the wound Mr. Capaldi was seen sporting was in fact a bit of trickery and makeup related to the scene they were filming.

The source told MailOnline that ‘No injury was suffered, it’s just make-up and part of an upcoming storyline.’

Hmm…wonder what the dear Doctor will be up to that would get him injured?!

Tags: , , , ,

Rebecca is new to the Who world, having only recently watched the entire new series in a span of 8 days. She is no stranger to sci-fi though, being a life long Trekkie and has vague memories of seeing the 4th Doctor on US television as a child. When not watching, reading, blogging, or talking about Doctor Who, she is a fan of pop culture and loves movies and books so much she has to keep a list of both so she doesn't forget any of them. She also likes to make attempts at various forms of art including photography and painting. Rebecca is currently working her way through as many classic serials and as many books related to the show that she can find and wishes she could have been with the Doctor and Amy when they met Van Gogh.

18 Responses to Capaldi “Accident” Turns Out To Be A Spoiler!

1. avatar Emma Boyce says:

Injured in a tree? It’s a Whomping Willow… HAS to be a Whomping Willow…

(…however I reckon it’s more likely the tree from which the leaf that Clara blew in on came from How’s THAT idea for feels..? Clara is here because of him…. *doo doo doooooo* )

2. avatar Kirk Pearson says:

Not really a spoiler. A spoiler would be something like Snape kills Dumbledore, not a generic incident that sheds no light onto the story itself.

• Kirk, we could be here all day discussing what constitutes a spoiler to the thousands of visitors to this site.

Sometimes it’s just easier to play it safe :)

• avatar Simon Magellan says:

I’d like to complain about you not putting a Spoiler Alert on the recent story about Peter Capaldi being Scottish. It’s completely ruined the 8th Series for me and I won’t be watching now.

• avatar TonyS says:

He’s Scottish? When did this happen?

• I’m disgusted that this has been revealed. kasterborous is dead to me.

Oh. Hold on…

• avatar STLShawn says:

Snape does WHAT?!?!?!

• I didn’t know either :(

3. avatar vortexter says:

I believe that he has a bump on the head which causes him to De-Regenerate back to Paul McGann at key moments in the plot thus pleasing the McGannites (of which I am) and he then flicks back to Capaldi who finishes the alien invasions off.

4. avatar drewboynton says:

He pushes Newton out of the way of the apple.

• avatar mrjohnm says:

Or, he injured himself climbing up the tree to drop the apple on Newton!

5. avatar Kirk Pearson says:

Woah, 2 downvotes on my last comment just for stating a fact. Doctor Who fans really are pricks.

• avatar Spider-pope says:

Or it could have been two Harry Potter fans who’ve fallen behind.

• avatar DonnaM says:

To be honest Kirk the debate about what constitutes a spoiler seems to crop up in every comment section with even the remotest connection to series 8. I wouldn’t bother downvoting an observation about it, but neither would I chuck rude names at anyone who does. I guess some people are even more fed up of it than I am!

• avatar Simon Magellan says:

So, you’re not a DW fan then?

• avatar Kirk Pearson says:

I am. But like many fan bases, it seems to be full of elitists.

• avatar TonyS says:

Can you be more specific? Who is being elitist and how?

6. avatar Ella says:

I would be more worried about that person (or alien) who did it to the Doctor. Judging by some of the filming photos, Doctor didn´t look too happy :) (and Capaldi can sell that angry look so well :-)