Merchandise Daleks' Master Plan 10 - Escape Switch

Published on January 5th, 2014 | by Christian Cawley

Mystery of the Daleks’ Master Plan Graphic Novel

Did you order a copy of The Daleks’ Master Plan? Wondering where it has got to? You’re not the only one…

A week before Christmas we shared with you the exciting news that the proofs for our charity Daleks’ Master Plan graphic novel had been approved and that we were expecting delivery on December 20th. That weekend would then be spent preparing the first bunch of orders for dispatch, with a trip to the Post Office on Monday 23rd.

Sadly, this didn’t happen.

For one reason or another (reasons that as yet I’ve been unable to ascertain), delivery didn’t occur. The printers we contracted for the job have been used before, so we didn’t have any qualms about using them. However, perhaps because of the Christmas break, we’re in a sort of Daleks’ Master Plan limbo.

Of course, this has been omitted from the Kasterborous news pages, mainly out of blind hope that a small detail has been overlooked, but also to avoid drawing potentially litigious comments.

I am continuing this week to make contact with the printers, with the aim of either completing the arrangement or securing a refund. I expect it to be the former.

As such, until the problem is satisfactorily resolved, I have taken the Daleks’ Master Plan charity graphic novel off sale. Any questions can be posed by email or below, but due to the fact that we have a situation awaiting resolution, any comments on this topic will be heavily moderated.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to Mystery of the Daleks’ Master Plan Graphic Novel

1. Paul says:

The update is much appreciated and whilst it’s a shame things didn’t go to plan I’m more than happy to wait :)

• The Fishmonger says:

I agree. I’m willing to wait and the info is much appreciated. These things happen

2. The Lord StonkingTart says:

Quite happy to wait. I’ve resolved not to buy m(any) comics this year- but I’m making an exception for this. Take your time and get it right.

3. Ian Gettings says:

Cheers for the update. ((Ralph Allen Press in Bath are a fairly small, family style firm that always delivered excellent results on time for me when I had magazines done, etc and are very friendly to talk to. Not sure if they do books though!)

4. koloth says:

Trust the printing industry. I bet they still take half a day off on Friday! My wife works within the industry as a publisher and what she has to go through makes the post office look like a kindergarden. No worries Christian. Always happy to wait for quality.

5. mrjohnm says:

Yes, I was wondering about this. Thanks for the info. Hope we all hear some good news soon!

6. rickjlundeen says:

Christmas time is always tricky, I think as there are so many moving parts to the whole process to begin with and the two holiday weeks tend to slow everything down, so hopefully that’s all it is. they did a brilliant job on the Time Leech, so I tend to want to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. Thanks to everyone for being understanding.

7. Christine says:

Thanks for the update. I’m still eagerly anticipating my copy, but rather a good one, than one with a problem.

8. Paul Castle says:

Bring some copies to the post-Lass Meets when they’re sorted and I’ll buy one off you.

• I’ll see what I can do…

9. wayfarer1969 says:

Thanks for the update. I wondered what happened :-)