Merchandise tdotd-hurtdr-ft

Published on December 4th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

The War Doctor Crashes Daleks Into Forbidden Planet!

Let’s face it: we’ve all been waiting for a figure of the War Doctor/Hurt Doctor/8.5th Doctor/9th Doctor (or whatever numbering/naming system you use). Thanks to Forbidden Planet, you can now place your orders for the lost incarnation of the Time Lord.

Equipped with Sonic Screwdriver and The Moment (sans Bad Wolf Girl), the figure conversely comes with an Eighth Doctor head.

We recognise the continuity issues this might create in your private retelling of The Night of the Doctor; it’s out of our hands, yeah? But who cares – IT’S FIVE INCHES TALL, PEOPLE!

tdotd-hurtdr

The ‘Other Doctor’ is the Doctor’s dark chapter, a hitherto unknown incarnation whose existence he has spent centuries repressing, a secret he wants no one to know of.

He is a relic of the past, part of the great Time War, when he spent centuries fighting alongside his fellow Time Lords against the Daleks and made the final decision to end it with a desperate act that cost that incarnation the right to use the name “Doctor”. This haunted and battle-worn Other Doctor is finally forgiven after helping find a new solution to end the war, giving the Eleventh Doctor a new purpose as he heads into further adventures.

Shipping from February 28th, you can place your order for the reasonably priced £14.99 figure at Forbidden Planet now!

Tags: , , , , , ,

19 Responses to The War Doctor Crashes Daleks Into Forbidden Planet!

1. Geoff says:

I might start working on a young John Hurt head sculpt and clean up in time for Christmas :)

2. FrancoPabloDiablo says:

Looks great, but unfortunately it is in the ill-advised new reduced scale. Therefore I for one shall not be purchasing this.

• shahid says:

It is 5 inches.

3. Rick714 says:

That’s in the 3.75″ form? Crap. I’m out–I only get the 5″ scale. Otherwise, I was going to ask someone over there to get me one. A shame, too as the sculpt looks pretty good for the smaller scale, first time I’ve seen that happen. Usually, the detail is horrible on the smaller ones.

4. Rick714 says:

Hey, I just checked the site, it says 5″ tall! Ah!

• Bob James says:

5. Francesco says:

Yes! 5″! Already preordered and waiting to join the fellow Doctors! (and 8th head could be used for a custom Dark Eyes of Night of the Doctor figure! :D

6. Nick says:

HURRAY! 5 INCHES!!
    I won’t be having any of this 3 & 3/4-inch lark

7. koloth says:

Should have either come with young War Doctor head or CE head. Hope they bring out a revised 8th with a young JH head now.

8. Rick714 says:

I wouldn’t put it past them to come out with a 13 Doctors set to build on the previous 11 Doctor’s set. Different outfits for the repeat Doctors and including the War Doctor and Capaldi.

9. Al says:

If it’s the proper size, I’ll get it. But I don’t buy the tiny figures. Anyone notice they’ve muddied the naming waters by calling him Other Doctor, not War Doctor?

10. Geoff says:

I’d really like to see a Cushing Doctor figure, and a Valeyard, and a Hurndall sculpt of the first Doctor while I’m at it. Probably won’t happen though.

11. Spider-pope says:

Great, i’ll be picking one up asap. John Hurt has more than earned a place on my shelf alongside the other Doctors.

12. Jeff G says:

I want a lifesize Bad Wolf girl complete with glowing eyes, blonde locks and sexy lips.

• Bob James says:

You just put an indelible image in my head that I cannot seem to shake.

• Get to the back of the queue ;)

13. Bob James says:

Very wise Character Options, very wise. Perhaps this will signal at least a partial return to the much superior (in my opinion) 5″ scale. And perhaps with a sculpt in place for a newer McGann look, we might get the “Dark Eyes” Big Finish Doctor, in much the same way we got the blue “Real Time” Sixth Doctor. I am elated!

14. Michael says:

And we still need Matt in his series 7 part 2 costumes

• Bob James says:

There was a strongly rumored “The Snowmen” set that was supposedly to be in 5″ scale. It’s been awhile now, so maybe they (CO) abandoned plans. I do so want a Matt in his purple finery in 5″ scale though, as well as a nice rendering of Jenna. The Ice Warrior would have been better in 5″ scale too, in my opinion. I think we may have reason to hope now. We speak with our hard earned money, and not buying the crap 3.75″ scale will speak loudly for us. We have to let CO know we want our 5″ scale back!