Published on November 27th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley
Doctor Who Adventures Goes Interactive!
Doctor Who Adventures magazine, has linked up with a new companion, the mobile-augmented reality and image recognition platform Blippar, to produce an edition that comes to life!
Readers of the biggest-selling UK pre-teen magazine for boys can interact with Doctor Who content in a completely new way in this amazing interactive edition which comes with a cool Eleventh Doctor dress-up set, including a sonic screwdriver, a fez, a bow tie and 3D glasses.
Out now, after downloading the free Blippar App and pointing a smartphone or tablet at the magazine pages, readers can use their device to:
- Discover an awesome moving cover with a swirling vortex featuring all the Doctors.
- Put their face on a monster!
- Watch a top tip from everyone’s favourite Sontaran, Commander Strax!
- See the fantastic comic come alive.
- Put on the Doctor dress-up set then your picture taken with the TARDIS, Clara, Cybermen, Strax or Daleks.
- Also, there’s a 3D monster fact file, super-scary Weeping Angel poster and amazing 3D Dalek poster which uses Blippar to bring it to life.
- Plus, don’t miss the exclusive interview with David Tennant and Matt Smith which features a link to watch a video of them talking about what’s next for Doctor Who.
- Finally, there’s a behind-the-scenes feature showing the First Doctor’s TARDIS being constructed at the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff.
Says Doctor Who Adventures Editor, Moray Laing:
We pride ourselves on bringing our readers closer to the action-packed world of their favourite show and this time we’ve taken the magazine to another dimension. Blippar has allowed us to play around with some of the scariest monsters in the universe to create fantastic interactive content which we know our imaginative readers will love!