Published on November 27th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley0
Doctor Who Adventures Goes Interactive!
Doctor Who Adventures magazine, has linked up with a new companion, the mobile-augmented reality and image recognition platform Blippar, to produce an edition that comes to life!
Readers of the biggest-selling UK pre-teen magazine for boys can interact with Doctor Who content in a completely new way in this amazing interactive edition which comes with a cool Eleventh Doctor dress-up set, including a sonic screwdriver, a fez, a bow tie and 3D glasses.
Out now, after downloading the free Blippar App and pointing a smartphone or tablet at the magazine pages, readers can use their device to:
- Discover an awesome moving cover with a swirling vortex featuring all the Doctors.
- Put their face on a monster!
- Watch a top tip from everyone’s favourite Sontaran, Commander Strax!
- See the fantastic comic come alive.
- Put on the Doctor dress-up set then your picture taken with the TARDIS, Clara, Cybermen, Strax or Daleks.
- Also, there’s a 3D monster fact file, super-scary Weeping Angel poster and amazing 3D Dalek poster which uses Blippar to bring it to life.
- Plus, don’t miss the exclusive interview with David Tennant and Matt Smith which features a link to watch a video of them talking about what’s next for Doctor Who.
- Finally, there’s a behind-the-scenes feature showing the First Doctor’s TARDIS being constructed at the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff.
Says Doctor Who Adventures Editor, Moray Laing: