Doctor Who News tdotd trailer.mp41097

Published on November 4th, 2013 | by Nick Kitchen

Day Of The Doctor Minisodes Confirmed?

It would seem that the BBFC has let the cat out of the bag a little early!

While we knew we were going to get an initial Day of the Doctor treat at the upcoming Children in Need event, we now have a little more inclination as to what we might be seeing. According to information on the BBFC web site, two different minisodes have been classified and attached to the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release of the 50th anniversary special: The Last Day and The Night of the Doctor.

The Last Day is slated to run just shy of 4 minutes and has no additional information attached to the description (although, Time War anyone?). The Night of the Doctor is set to run for almost 7 minutes and features David Tennant and Matt Smith (Note: at the time of writing, the BBFC page for this mini-sode has gone dark… Coincidence? I think not! Head to Who-natic to see the page before it was pulled). It’s anyone’s guess at this point as to what the minisodes will actually contain, but with only 11 days until Children in Need and 19 until the 50th, the wait is almost over!

What do you think we’re going to get in these mini-sodes? Anyone still holding out for a McGann regeneration sequence?

(H/t, Rich)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

“That’s bacon! Are you trying to poison me?” And from that line on, I’ve been unable to stop watching, reading, musing about the Doctor. As a recent transplant to the Whoniverse, I’ve been trying to soak up as much Who-related knowledge as possible. That journey has taken me from the Tenth Planet to the Fields of Trenzalore and gently set me at the edge of my seat for what’s next. It’s an honor to be here and I plan to bring a unique perspective. I hope you’ll enjoy the journey alongside me.

16 Responses to Day Of The Doctor Minisodes Confirmed?

1. Kelli says:

I’m kind of hoping for a sequence with River and the Twelfth Doctor, but at this point it doesn’t seem likely :(

• Terry James Richardson says:

Hi there, River could well meet the 12th Doctor in series 8 coming 2014, this could be the time when he gives her, his Sonic Screwdriver, the one we see in Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead, here’s hoping.

• Geoff says:

I agree, even though I personally would rather see a bout of facial herpes than River Song yet again the fact is she is popular, SM really likes her and I don’t think he would waste part of her story arc on a 3 minute prequel.

• Matt says:

We already see the Eleventh Doctor just prior to taking River to the Singing Towers of Delirium, which is the last time River sees the Doctor prior to meeting him in the Library. This is probably when he gives her the screwdriver.

2. I bet we’ll get one of them together on the series 8 dvd set. :)

3. Christine says:

Of course I’m still hoping for the regeneration sequence but not really expecting it. But I’m sure the minisodes won’t disappoint. So far I’ve always quite liked them. As everybody else I’m getting more excited by the day!

4. Terry James Richardson says:

Shhhhhh SPOILERS LOL but i’m looking forward to the minisodes but even more excited for the big 50th Anniversary episode The Day of The DocToR :)

I also think that The Time War story needs to be made and filmed, i believe it is just begging to be shown on the big screen, and i’m NOT alone in that thinking.

5. David F says:

My hope is only that there’s something (anything) in these short episodes that comes as a joyous surprise and makes us crave the 23rd even harder. If it’s the Eighth Doctor, that’s great, but he’s some way down my list of things-I’d-like-to-see-return.

• David F says:

Blimey. Three thumbs down for writing something cheerful open-minded. Tough crowd.

6. Chuck Tyler says:

We will probably just get a collective slap up aside our whovian heads.

7. Andrew Dorgomire says:

Paul McGann regenerating into John Hurt!

8. Spaceman says:

Yep! Still holding out for a new McGann appearance of some description.

9. vortexter says:

Interesting! So with these two minisodes, the special is 125 minutes long? That sounds much better.

• vortexter says:

Oops! Meant 1hr 26mins. My bad…

• Nick Kitchen says:

If it goes in line like the Series 7 minisodes, then they won’t probably be part of the actual 50th special; more like the strax reports prior and after the Name of the Doctor

• Terry James Richardson says:

I guess we’ll just have to wait and what the minisodes bring n that means playing the long game a little longer ;)