Doctor Who News dw-50thmerch-logo

Published on October 10th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

Missing Episodes: What We Can Tell You

Later tonight (midnight, press release fans) the BBC will reveal full details of the missing episodes confirmed at a press event in London today.

Kasterborous’ Gareth Kavanagh (better known as the editor of Vworp Vworp!) attended on our behalf and will be sharing information that we’ll be featuring on the site over the coming weekend. This includes audio interviews, written interviews and clips provided by BBC Worldwide.

We’re hugely excited by all of this.

Now naturally you want to know what is in the haul. At present we can’t tell you, but don’t be surprised to learn that one serial has been completed!

Stay tuned for midnight tonight for further details.

Tags: ,

21 Responses to Missing Episodes: What We Can Tell You

1. zarbisupremo says:

Doh !

2. derekbd says:

Anyone with friends on social networks will know already. What irritates, though, is the annoying phrase :there may be more.”

3. All I want to know is precisely when can I (as a Who-fan in the States) throw wads of money at the BBC to obtain these? Seriously, take my money, Beeb.

4. TonyS says:

Well they will if they peeked. I find the phrase “there may be more” at worst stating the flipping obvoius or at best encouraging.

5. FrancoPabloDiablo says:

All the rumours aside, I’m just glad to hear that at least one classic has deservedly been restored. Anything else is a bonus! Having been reading quite vigorously on various websites I’m pretty sure I know which one is definitely complete (not going to name it – spoilers sweetie). This is a GREAT day for all us Who fans! Rejoice!

6. I bet this means that we have got a while longer for the DVD range to continue instead of finishing when it originally was going to

7. rickjlundeen says:

I’m guessing the DVD’s will be out next year after the restoration, unless they’ve been secretly working on the restoration for the *last* year….I’m more than happy for them knowing what’s coming at least.

And the “more to come”—the advertising part of me (Mr. Optimistic) sees another announcement coming , maybe with Carole Ann Ford and William Russell on the guest list, or Peter Purves, Anneke Wills, etc. announcing who knows what adventures. a A couple more announcements leading up to the 50th would be fantastic. All that reasoning because some guy said “there may be more”. Guh.

8. TonyS says:

I am hoping for a release in November

9. TimeChaser says:

If the completed serial is The Web of Fear, I will do cartwheels. Actually I won’t, cuz I’d probably break something, but I’ll do them in my head.

10. koloth says:

Some paper in Scotland has already announced whats coming. Looking forward to all the coverage now… BBC Breakfast, The One Show (apparently), Kasterborous, etc etc

• “some paper in Scotland”.

It was the Northern Echo, for Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire.

I’m willing to bet you’re from the south… ;)

• koloth says:

No, I’m from Wales, I was only born in the south.
        Apologies for the guesswork. Never actually heard of the paper and couldnt remember the name when posting.
        Their retraction was better than the original report.

11. Pingback: Lost Eps of Dr. Who Found in Ethiopia?? | Aliens in This World

12. rickjlundeen says:

It’s funny though….I really got to a point where I thought that’s it, obviously every rock’s been over turned and we’d never get any more episodes returned. And now this, at least several with possibly more on the way if certain sources are right. It just makes me think that through all the countries and collections, there are still treasures waiting to be revealed. We just haven’t found them yet. I guess my hope now is that they’re found in my lifetime. Gulp.

• TonyS says:

If they’ve been looking under rocks, no wonder it has taken so long to get these back :)

13. Geoff says:

I’m so glad to be working a nightshift today. Sorry good folks of Hertfordshire but short of you reporting a murder you won’t be getting my time between 00:00 and 00:05!

14. vortexter says:

I think from the snippets I’ve read today that the real hero in all this is Phil Morris who had the vision and belief to ignore what the so-called ‘Missing Episode’ hunters said, i.e ‘Dont bother looking’ when Phil made the effort and found these little gems for us. Phil, if your reading this then I want to say a genuine ‘Thankyou’ from all of us. Your a gentleman and I hope one day to shake your hand.

• A Tony Rix says:

I am with you here :-) he deserves more than credits but a BFI statue :-)

15. GallifreyanFallenAngel says:

It’s coming… Weird to hear rumors about Web of Fear being found, except for one episode. I wonder what happened there? We’ll see very shortly, though.

16. Andrew Dorgomire says:

If they state “All episodes of Doctor Who have been recovered”, I will down ten thousand Jelly Babies.

17. rickjlundeen says:

I think fans want things to be all neat and tidy and so I’m sure some will say that’s it forever— no more to be found—- but this discovery just tells me that there’s every possibility that there are even more out there gathering dust somewhere. It’s nice to there are still possibilities……