Published on October 25th, 2013 | by Philip Bates4
Day of the Doctor US Cinema Screenings
In association with AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark Holdings, Inc., and Regal Entertainment Group, tickets to see the 75-minute special in 3D go on sale today for the 23rd November screening, a global simulcast. Participating cinemas for this date are:
- Atlanta – Cinemark Tinseltown 17 (Fayetteville, GA)
- Chicago – Century 12 Evanston + XD (Evanston, IL)
- Chicago – Cinemark @ Seven Bridges + IMAX (Woodridge, IL)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth – Cinemark West Plano + XD (Plano, TX)
- Houston – Cinemark Tinseltown 17 and XD (The Woodlands, TX)
- Los Angeles – Cinemark Rave 18 + IMAX (Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles – Century 20 Bella Terra at Huntington Beach (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Minneapolis – AMC Southdale 16 (Edina, MN)
- New York – AMC Loews Village 7 (New York, NY)
- New York – Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 & RPX (New York, NY)
- Philadelphia – Cinemark Rave Cinemas University City 6 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philadelphia – Cinemark 16 (Somerdale, NJ)
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose – Century San Francisco Centre 9 and XD (San Francisco, CA)
- Seattle-Tacoma – Cinemark Lincoln Square Cinemas (Bellevue, WA)
- Washington, DC (Hagerstown) – Cinemark Rave Cinemas Fairfax Corner 14 + XD (Fairfax, VA)
The 25th November airing will extend across 300 further theatres, a full list of which can be seen here.
The special will also include special introductions and is followed by The Day of the Doctor: Behind the Lens, a 10-minute behind-the scenes feature, as Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jenna Coleman, Billie Piper, John Hurt and Steven Moffat all sharing their experiences of filming the extra-special episode.
Behind the Lens will also be shown to UK fans on the official Doctor Who website.
Soumya Sriraman, EVP Home Entertainment and Licensing for BBC Worldwide North America, said:
“Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary is truly a global celebration and we’re thrilled to bring the special to the silver screen. Our partnerships with Cinemark, AMC, Regal Cinemas and NCM Fathom Events will give fans, on November 23 and 25, the opportunity to see the Doctor in a whole new way – in RealD™ 3D.”