Doctor Who News Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor

Published on September 11th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

The Day of the Doctor Poster Gallery

With all of the excitement of yesterday’s slightly confused announcement of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary celebrations on radio and TV (since clarified, to exciting effect) we forgot that the following images were going to be made available by the BBC.

Below are the four available “iconic images” designed for The Day of the Doctor, including the now-obligatory movie poster.

Head to our Facebook page (and don’t forget to click LIKE!) to view the hi-res versions of these images.

So, how excited are YOU?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to The Day of the Doctor Poster Gallery

1. avatar TonyS says:

I wonder if the Hurt Doctor is what the Doctor got up to while Ten was changing into Eleven.

• avatar Chris says:

EXACTLY what I’ve been thinking. Especially since he said that he fooled around with good queen Bess. And who is he seen with in the 50th anniversary? Elizabeth I. Only problem is that he is with Rose. Though maybe she’s a post Journey’s End Rose who comes to the Doctors. I dunno. Seems promising.

2. avatar vortexter says:

Spoiler/ Rumour ahead!

I don’t think so. It seems he’s in the thick of the timewar judging by the twisted remains of the Dalek’s behind him. I hear on the internet grapevine (and we know how reliable that is), that Mcgann has filmed a regeneration sequence of him changing into Hurt as a kind of prequel. Hopefully in the pre-credits sequence.

I think I’m going now with him being the 9th doctor but he’ll delete himself and make way for Ecclestone. If so then that makes the 9th life of the Dr a timey-wimey nightmare. He’s had three incarnations in his 9th. (Richard E Grant, Hurt and Ecclestone) and four if you count Rowan Atkinsons.

• avatar Francis Cave says:

Sorry to be pendantic but its Eccleston, no “e” on the end…

Re the McGann rumour, considering the man himself has denied on more than one occasation that he’s had anything to do with the 50th anniversary ep I’d be incredibly surprised if he makes an appearance (excluding CGT recreations or inserts from the TVM).

I would love to be proved wrong of course…

3. avatar vortexter says:

Actually, looking closer at the image of the rubble strewn area, I’m wondering if it’s not Gallifrey but the interior of the Tardis that the Daleks are destroying. The staircase underneath Tennants jacket looks a bit like the one in Smiths original console room. Perhaps that explains what blew the Tardis up?

4. avatar STLShawn says:

I was just going to say::::
    I’m so tired of seeing of the beautiful destroyed willy-nilly. Really, she’s supposed to be the beacon, the home of the doctor….. it’s like blowing up Bag End!