Published on September 10th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley
The Day Of The Doctor – 50th Anniversary Title Confirmed!
Revealed as part of a general 50th anniversary announcement, the 75-minute long special is just one part of what’s coming. As Matt Smith says:
Hope you all enjoy. There’s lots more coming your way.
Alongside the special, we’ve also got the following to look forward to:
- An Adventure in Space and Time by Mark Gatiss and starring David Bradley as William Hartnell.
- A BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox discussing the
pseudo-science behind Doctor Who.
- BBC Four is running a restored version of An Unearthly Child and the rest of the 100,000 BC serial that kicked off the show back in 1963.
- BBC Two’s The Culture Show is to screen Me, You and Doctor Who, hosted by lifelong fan Matthew Sweet.
- A 90-minute documentary on BBC Radio 2 asks Who Is The Doctor?
- BBC Three will be home to several commissions, including Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide.
Says Danny Cohen, the Director BBC Television:
It’s an astonishing achievement for a drama to reach its 50th anniversary.
I’d like to thank every person – on both sides of the camera – who has been involved with its creative journey over so many years.
Meanwhile, the man in charge has this to say:
50 years has turned Doctor Who from a television show into a cultural landmark. Personally I can’t wait to see what it becomes after a hundred.
Who could argue with that?
(Via BBC News)