Do you remember 2005, when the Ninth Doctor tempted you into his TARDIS for the first time, making all sorts of unlikely promises that somehow turned out to be true? It went something like this:
“Do you wanna come with me? ‘Cause if you do, then I should warn you, you’re gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won’t be quiet, it won’t be safe and it won’t be calm. But I’ll tell you what it will be: the trip of a lifetime.”
Well, he’s back – about time – alongside his two replacements in the BBC’s biggest ever Blu-ray box set covering every episode of Doctor Who from 2005 to 2013 – and then some!
Yes, you read that right – the Ninth and Tenth Doctors have been upgraded to HD!
The only thing better than watching Doctor Who is watching it in high definition, which is why BBC Worldwide is celebrating Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary with the release of Doctor Who: The Complete Series 1-7 Blu-ray Boxset on November 4, 2013. The set includes the complete adventures of the Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) and Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) available in newly remastered Blu-ray versions at full 1080p resolution for the first time ever, sitting alongside those of the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) in this high definition collection.
BBC Worldwide has gone above and beyond to bring fans the best possible Doctor Who experience, and has also fully remastered the complete Tenth Doctor Specials as well as The Complete Fifth and Sixth Series (previously available on Blu-ray), to full 1080p resolution as well. Throw in the new Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series Blu-ray set along with hours and hours of bonus features from the past collections.
All of this PLUS 120 minutes of bonus material that has never previously been available on disc, as well as more goodies than you can shake a sonic screwdriver at, and this is one blue box that just might actually be bigger on the inside.
This astonishing limited edition contains 29 Blu-ray discs of episodes, specials and bonus features, as you’ll see below…
Doctor Who: The Complete Series 1-7 Blu ray Boxset includes:
- Doctor Who: The Complete First Series, starring Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper
- Doctor Who: The Complete Second Series, starring David Tennant and Billie Piper
- Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series, starring David Tennant and Freema Agyeman
- Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series, starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate
- Also included in1080p Resolution:
- Doctor Who: The Complete Specials, starring David Tennant
- Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series, starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan
- Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth Series, starring Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill
- Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series, starring Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, and Jenna-Louise Coleman
Bonus Blu-ray disc includes:
- The Doctor Who Ultimate List of Lists from BBC AMERICA’s The Brit List – BBC AMERICA’s pop culture correspondent, Asha Leo (@ashaleo), is joined by special guest John Barrowman (“Torchwood,” “Doctor Who”) to announce the rankings of the “Top Five Companions,” “Top Five Scariest Moments,” “Top Five Best Monsters,” “Top Five Guest Stars” and “Top Five Things You’ll Only See on Doctor Who.” Rankings are based on votes from readers of BBCAMERICA.com’s Anglophenia blog.
- Doctor Who at the Proms 2010 – companions Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill host a spectacular evening of music from the series played live by the London Philharmonic Orchestra at London’s historic Royal Albert Hall. Includes video projections, appearances by the monsters and a special guest appearance from Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith. For the first time, the collection will include the full 90-minute concert and has been remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Doctor Who: The Best of the Christmas Specials – This previously unreleased special from December 2011 takes an inside look at the very best moments from the incredible Doctor Who Christmas specials that have captivated audiences around the world. A collection of fans from the celebrity, comedy, sci-fi and digital worlds discuss their favourite moments from both David Tennant and Matt Smith era Christmas episodes.
Covering every episode from Rose to The Name of the Doctor, this fantastic collection is out on November 4th 2013. With an RRP of a massive £255.31, you can pre-order now at Amazon for just £167.25.