Doctor Who News Doctor Who: The Crimson Horror

Published on September 3rd, 2013 | by Rebecca Crockett

Help This Academic Doctor Who Survey

Attention all Kasterborous readers!

Doctor Who Series 7 Hide

We’ve been contacted by a pair of researchers looking in to the phenomenon that is Doctor Who who would love to have the insights of our readers as to how long they’ve been watching the show and why they enjoy it so much.

[We] are conducting a survey into Doctor Who audiences. The purpose is for academic research, but we hope to put together a website when we’re finished that will allow anyone to access the results. Our interest is in people’s first memories of the show, and we’re particularly keen to hear from people who first watched the programme outside of the UK (as well as British viewers). It only takes a few minutes to complete the survey and gives all participants an opportunity to re-live their Doctor Who memories!

Claire Jenkins
Lecturer in Film and Media Communications
Bath Spa University

Sound interesting? If you’d like to fill out their survey, head on over to The First Question: An Exploration of Doctor Who

It’s fast and doesn’t take much time at all to fill out – unless you want to give long answers!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Rebecca is new to the Who world, having only recently watched the entire new series in a span of 8 days. She is no stranger to sci-fi though, being a life long Trekkie and has vague memories of seeing the 4th Doctor on US television as a child. When not watching, reading, blogging, or talking about Doctor Who, she is a fan of pop culture and loves movies and books so much she has to keep a list of both so she doesn't forget any of them. She also likes to make attempts at various forms of art including photography and painting. Rebecca is currently working her way through as many classic serials and as many books related to the show that she can find and wishes she could have been with the Doctor and Amy when they met Van Gogh.

8 Responses to Help This Academic Doctor Who Survey

1. FrancoPabloDiablo says:

One of the first questions asked is ‘which is your favourite versions of The Doctor’?!

What if you don’t have a favourite? what if you love them all or at least two equally? what if your favourite changes from day to day or week to week? They only give you an option to choose 1 – 11! And it’s a required field so you can’t even leave it blank! Have any of the people involved in this project got more than one child? If so, I’d like to ask them: which is your favourite? You can only choose one though!!!

2. TimeChaser says:

I wish the was an “Engaged” option in marital status. I’m not single, but it’ll still be a few months before we get married. At least put “In a relationship.”

3. rickjlundeen says:

I think everyone likes one just a tad bit more than the rest, even if it’s close. I can’t see someone liking Eccleston and Tennant exactly the same no ore than they could like Pertwee and Baker the same. Usually, the tie goes to who your first one was anyway. The tougher question was favorite enemy. Or favorite adventure. So many to choose from and for the enemy, I sure didn’t want to just put down Dalek as I’m sure it’ll win that by a mile anyway. I went with roger Delgado’s Master.

4. FrancoPabloDiablo says:

‘I think everyone likes one just a tad bit more than the rest’ -

I couldn’t disagree with you more wholeheartedly! I don’t like one a ‘tad more’ than another! I love Hartnell. I love Troughton. I love Pertwee. I love Tom Baker. I love Davison. I love Colin Baker. I love McCoy. I love McGann. I love Eccleston. I love Tennant. I love Smith!

And do you know what else? I love them ALL EQUALLY! maybe for different reasons and for their different interpretations of the role, but I love them ALL EQUALLY!

P.S. I’m positive I’m gonna love Capaldi equally too! :)

5. BOJAY says:

That’s how I felt about citing just one choice for favorite story. I just typed in that I couldn’t choose just one!

6. EdwardianCricketer says:

Yeah, had a difficult time with the “Britishness” question, being a Yank and all… And the favorite adventure question. Really? 30 plus seasons of Doctor Who over 50 years and you want me to pick one favorite? With the caveat that it is subject to change, I picked The Pirate Planet. Could just have easily have been The Girl Who Waited or Midnight or The Space Museum or Tomb of the Cybermen… This list could go on. And is always subject to change. Stripe me multicolored and call me a Doctor Who fan!
    I don’t guess I need to say whom I picked as favorite version of the Doctor… :)

7. Ranger says:

“No discomfort or stresses are foreseen” it states. Yet it then asks you things like what is your fabourite Doctor, villain, story. Discomfort and stress is guaranteed!

8. The Lord StonkingTart says:

I got as far as the drop-down box for “religion”, found there wasn’t an option for “none”, and gave up. Sorry, I’m not an “other”, and find that loaded and insulting.