Doctor Who News Awesome new Doctor Who 50th anniversary posters

Published on September 18th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

Awesome Fan-Produced 50th Posters Appear on Twitter

Doctor Who fans eager for more of the 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor might be thrilled by these stunning posters – but where did they come from?

As you can see, the images feature the Eleventh Doctor against a London backdrop, and the John Hurt Doctor against an exploding backdrop, presumably Gallifrey.

All we’ve managed to ascertain so far is that they originate on Twitter and may well, if genuine, be posters for the cinematic release (the details for which continue to remain sketchy, as far as we’re aware).

But hey, they’re rather spiffing; genuine or not, some full-size versions would be nice, right?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Awesome Fan-Produced 50th Posters Appear on Twitter

1. Richard Parkin says:

Not sure if they’re BBC official or brilliant fan-art, but here’s a larger version for you:

Best wishes,
    Rich

2. vortexter says:

Very nice! But the images are the same as those on the official posters. It certainly looks like the golden skys of Gallifrey and that the Timewar is spilling into Earth. Que a press of the reset button at the end again perhaps?…

3. Fox says:

These are fan-made.

4. the london backdrop looks like the thor poster

5. Geoff says:

Erm, something has happened to Kasterborous on my phone. I now seem to have a very snazzy backdrop but all the text is on top of each other and I can’t see any text in the news stories or any of the replays, just who replied and when. Just me or anyone else too?

• vortexter says:

Has the internet disappeared Geoff? ‘I dont know where I am! Can someone tell me where I am?’ Don’t worry Geoff, we’re coming for you buddy!

• What phone/browser are you using Geoff?

I’ve checked and everything seems fine; the site automatically changes to tablet and smartphone browser/screensize, it’s built into the CSS so all I can think of is that the page perhaps didn’t open properly for you.

• Geoff says:

After I entered that reply everything became fine again so no idea what happened there! Thanks to you and Vortexter for trying to save me. If Im ever on a spaceship with you and get some half arsed notion I can save the dinosaurs from extinction by tapping away on a ZX spectrum do me a favour and pull me back into the lift.

6. John says:

They are fan made the original are from the movie Thor the dark world

7. Andre says:

Yhh the John hurt poster is fake, the background is from Loki’s poster for thor 2 if you look carefully, and matt smith’s one I’m not sure but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a well established fan made poster….

• vortexter says:

The bridge behind Matt doesn’t carry on past his coat in the bottom of the poster either.

8. Ian Kerns (zoojoo) says:

It’s fan made, because they are not using the new logo with the “DW” on the side of the actual logo