Since we first started working on Kasterborous Magazine many, many months ago, our Doctor Who spinoff magazine has grown beyond its original design into what we can only describe as an uncontrollable beast. But uncontrollable in a nice way.
Although we had intended to publish in print initially, it soon transpired that a pre-order system wouldn’t enable us to find the funding we needed (even with Kasterborous advertising revenue factored in)for an independently produced magazine, which is why we temporarily announced a digital-only release. The first release in PDF form has done well, selling around 100 copies, and today we can finally announced the availability of our print version!
In case you forgot (or you’re new to Kasterborous Magazine) here is the complete list of contents for issue 1:
- Elton Townend-Jones’ Enlightenment – how should Doctor Who’s 50th be celebrated?
- Never a Doctored Word with the Valeyard– the Doctor’s alter ego sets the world to rights.
- Interview: Illustrator Paul Hanley – popular artist reveals his inspirations and plans.
- The Shape of… The TARDIS – the real star of Doctor Who, the iconic time machine.
- Crash of Elysium – Tom Macrae discusses his audacious live Doctor Who play.
- My Mate John IS the Doctor! – John Guilor, the voice of the First Doctor, interviewed.
- All Monsters Great and Small – Phil Bates meets Matt Smith at the Doctor WhoExperience.
- In the Shed: With a Dalek Builder! – want to build your own Dalek? Gareth Mugridge is the man to ask!
- The History of Doctor Who Fandom – kicking off an in-depth look at organized fandom.
- Doctor Who Takes Manhattan – we speak to Matt Smith & Karen Gillan in New York!
- The Masque Revisited – 38 years later, a trip to Portmeirion revisits The Masque of Mandragora.
You can now order the print version Kasterborous Magazine in the Kasterborous Store, for a special low price of just £4.99 (plus shipping – £2.99 within the UK, £4.99 rest of the world) if purchased before noon on Friday, August 16th.