Doctor Who News moss

Published on June 14th, 2013 | by Andrew Reynolds

Maurice Moss for the Doctor!

Who wants to see The I.T. Crowd’s Maurice Moss dressed as the Doctor?

Yeah you do!

moss

Rendering our geek wishes with the modern witchcraft of Photoshop the Facebook page dedicated to everyone’s favourite I.T support worker (yeah, it’s a thing) have combined two popular things to create a third and cubed your love.

Played by the always excellent Richard Ayoade (seriously, stop reading this and go watch Submarine, his feature debut as a director; you’ll thank me) Moss and the gang are set to return in a final feature length episode of The I.T Crowd later this year.

Over on Facebook, Ayoade’s alter ego has even written a letter to the BBC…

Dear BBC,

I am writing to inform you that I am available to take over immediately as the next Doctor. I’ll even bring my own sonic screwdriver (mine actually works).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Maurice Moss.

But for now sit and bask in the wonder of The Time Lord Supportious! TARDIS not materialising? Have you tried turning it off and on? Etc etc…

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to Maurice Moss for the Doctor!

1. vortexter says:

He would be good! And maybe Chris O Dowd come to think of it!

Clara: “The Tardis isn’t working Doctor!”

The Doctor: “Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

2. lee moone says:

No thanks he’s really rubbish. Can’t standards comedy actors that do silly voices because it’s a comedy show. NEXT!

• Spider-pope says:

Erm, that’s his real voice. He has a rather nasal tone.

3. Timelover says:

He’d be FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT !!!!

4. vortexter says:

Jon Pertwee was a comedy actor who specialised in comedy voices. Perhaps he should have just stuck to The Navy Lark and not been the third Doctor?

• Barry says:

Well I was rooting for Richard Ayoade to be the doctor but you aren’t helping. Pertwee was my least favourite Doctor. (Although that could be because he followed my favourite Patrick Troughton – I think we always hate the one that comes after our fave.)

5. TimeChaser says:

But, just because he’s mainly known for comedy, should he play the Doctor up for comedy? Jon Pertwee played the Doctor more like his real self and wasn’t intentionally comedic, in an over the top way at least. Both David and Matt, while they could do the serious stuff really well, were full of such manic energy. I think its about time we had a Doctor that pulled it back a bit and wasn’t so blatantly eccentic.

6. HotForMoss says:

Moss? MOSS?? mmmmmosssssssss. Perfect. Yes. He has the ‘look’ and he can ‘do’ the Doctor any way required at the moment. Please. Pleasepleaseplease. Where do I vote? **grin**

7. Lewis Seymour says:

His complete inability to actually act is not considered a drawback then?

• lee moone says:

I wish I’d put it like that! Totally agree.

8. STLShawn says:

He’s a great actor! Specialized at this point in his career, but if you’ve ever seen Submarine, or The Watch, he’s really great. Like all good comedians, he’s also very smart. He could by all means pull it off.

9. Spider-pope says:

He could probably pull it off, but i’d say no simply because i don’t think he’d stick around very long. He’s got a directing career on the rise at the moment, along with roles in Hollywood films. We’d be lucky to keep him more than a series then we’d be back here speculating again.

• lee moone says:

That’s his real voice you say? Good God he’ll bore the audience to death.