Published on June 5th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley
Here it Is: Kasterborous Magazine Issue 1
The full contents are:
- Elton Townend-Jones’ Enlightenment – how should Doctor Who’s 50th be celebrated?
- Never a Doctored Word with the Valeyard – the Doctor’s alter ego sets the world to rights.
- Interview: Illustrator Paul Hanley – popular artist reveals his inspirations and plans.
- The Shape of… The TARDIS – the real star of Doctor Who, the iconic time machine.
- Crash of Elysium – Tom Macrae discusses his audacious live Doctor Who play.
- My Mate John IS the Doctor! – John Guilor, the voice of the First Doctor, interviewed.
- All Monsters Great and Small – Phil Bates meets Matt Smith at the Doctor Who Experience.
- In the Shed: With a Dalek Builder! – want to build your own Dalek? Gareth Mugridge is the man to ask!
- The History of Doctor Who Fandom – kicking off an in-depth look at organized fandom.
- Doctor Who Takes Manhattan – we speak to Matt Smith & Karen Gillan in New York!
- The Masque Revisited – 38 years later, a trip to Portmeirion revisits The Masque of Mandragora.
We’ll be back with more choice quotes from the first edition of our new magazine throughout the week, but until then, a word from the scandalmongering Valeyard…
It is clear to see that Clara is also a bit of a looker, even by Time Lord standards.
However, I’m amused to learn from the Kasterborous team that their most popular article over the past year has been one which discussed Oswin’s doppelganger Jenna-Louise Coleman, and her appearance in a remake of a 1960s play, Room at the Top.
Could it have anything to do with Ms Coleman’s nude scenes? I doubt it. After all, Doctor Who fans are all “doable barkers”, aren’t they?
You can order Kasterborous Magazine below, or head to the store page.