The Nola Time Fest, a celebration of all things Doctor Who, will be taking place on June 29th 2013 but you’ll only be lucky enough to attend if you get to New Orleans in time!
The New Orleans Doctor Who fan club Krewe du Who will be hosting the event and invite those of all ages to come and attend as there really is something for all of the family.
The day, which will run from 2pm until 9pm will consist of the following:
- The Sartorial Arts of Gallifrey – Workshop on Whovian costume making and cosplay.
- A View Through The Vortex – Panel on the past, present and future of Doctor Who.
- Time Toys and Comics, Collecting Collectibles – Raconteur DC Harbold of More Fun Comics and Clockwork Elvis brings us down to Earth with his specialty.
- The Robes of Rassilon Costume Contest -Hosted by Margali Morwentari, Sorceress-at-Large, Wicked Wit[ch] and erstwhile host of Thriller Theatre.
- Sonic Screwdriver Sock Hop – Musical guest the Consortium of Genius will be breaking out their Time Door and entering the Vortex unshielded! Special guest performance by KdW’s own tin-dog, K-9 who will break it down Cyber-style with Drumbot!
And that’s only some of the fun! There will also be costume awards throughout the day, a Doctor Who pinball tournament, a photo opportunity on green screen so that you can literally have your picture taken anywhere in the universe, a shoot the Dalek booth and of course plenty of merchandise to pick up!
The Nola Time Fest will take place on June 29, 2013 2pm – 9pm at Jefferson Orleans North, 2600 Edenborn Ave, Metairie, LA 70002. Tickets will cost $15.00 each and all ages are admitted as long as they have adult supervision.
Check out www.nolatimefest.com for more details.
(With thanks to Tim San Fillippo)