Doctor Who News Geronimo - Eleventh Doctor Who in The End of Time

Published on May 20th, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

A Big Welcome to New Readers!

Over the past couple of weeks we’ve noticed a surge of new readers heading to Kasterborous to sample our unrivalled blend of Doctor Who news, reviews, features and interviews.

There was only really one reason for this (beyond our excellent articles, superb podKast and increasingly popular forum) and this was, of course, the growing fascination with the Series 7 finale.

However, in light of the constant bashing that Doctor Who appears to be getting from some fans these days, please understand the following. We’ve had a tenfold increase in visitor numbers over the weekend. This hasn’t happened because people don’t like Doctor Who anymore, or that the show isn’t enjoyable. People just don’t go online to look for information about shows that they don’t like.

It’s happened because the show has caught imaginations in a way that simply hasn’t happened at any point since 2005. I’m not in the habit of sharing our figures as they’re commercially sensitive, but the reaction has been astonishing. The comments have been equally surprising.

So, a big welcome to our new readers. We hope that you will be here to stay, and that you find the wealth of content on Kasterborous now and in the future to be to your liking. If there is something you would like to see, please let us know!

Tags: ,

28 Responses to A Big Welcome to New Readers!

1. avatar louise says:

have been visiting your site now for over 12 months and always look forward to your updates. fascinating

• Thank you louise!

2. avatar Gruff says:

Regular viewer and Kasterborous addict too for about 5 years. I remember the old orange “desktop”.

I love the debates that come up with fans with a large variety of knowledge and viewpoints on the show we all love. I would remind those that bemoan what’s going on with the show that they should be careful what they wish for!

Keep up the good work!

• I loved the orange theme!

• avatar Philip Bates says:

Eww! What the hell is that! ;P

3. avatar Koth says:

Hello, I’ve been posting for about a week and found this site in my search for end of series news. It seems I may come across as a ‘hater’ of Doctor Who but the opposite is the truth. I have followed the show since the early ’70′s, through the doldrums of the ’90′s and into the new resurgence. I have seen the best of it and the worst. I have changed my opinion on some of the more recent episodes but, I feel, there are inherent issues Steven Moffatt is missing out on. My hope is he will have one final episode which answers all of the unanswered questions from the past four years.

4. avatar Geoff says:

I’ve been coming here for a couple of months now, I just prefer your writing style and reviews to some of the other Doctor Who sites. I’ve also noticed that your news is often more upto date. Also the percentage of “CANCEL THIS SHOW NOW!….(I really don’t get out enough)” type of fans is thankfully low on this site,

• avatar Philip Bates says:

That’s nice to hear – thanks, Geoff. :D

5. avatar vortexter says:

I’ve been lurking for a while now, like ‘The Silence’ -Always here but never noticed. Love the articles and news updates. Great work guys.

PS. If I have a moan now and then about my fave show, its only cos I care. Honest!

6. avatar callinton says:

Happy Birth-I mean, uh, good work Kasterborous!

7. avatar zarbisupremo says:

Worst Doctor Who site ever.

;-p

8. avatar Adrian Larson says:

Now lets get the older PodKast (with a K) up and running so we, the new listeners, can have something to listen to for the next 6 months.

• avatar Philip Bates says:

Wait a minute – the Podkast (with a K) actually has listeners?! Cawley, you didn’t tell me that!

• avatar TonyS says:

We were keeping it a secret from him too :p

• I think it’s just the one listener, isn’t it?

• The original run of podKasts can be listened to. I’m still in the process of updating the links to the first year of S2.

So there is still a lot to listen to – and we won’t be stopping the PKs just because there’s no show on tv!

9. avatar Geoff says:

Don’t worry Vortexter I didnt mean you, anyone who comes up with the suggestion of Dickie McTardis as the true name of the Doctor is getting the balance between passion and fun right in my book.

• avatar vortexter says:

Thanks Geoff! I cant take the claim for Dickie McTardis though, someone else has the claim to that stroke of genius!

10. avatar TonyS says:

How much artron energy do I need to stop being a newbie? My arthritic fingers give the lie to that status :(

• How much do you currently have, TonyS?

• avatar TonyS says:

386

• avatar TonyS says:

391 I just got 5 more :)

• avatar TonyS says:

If I keep doing this I may upgrade quite soon lol

• 500 is the first change of rank.

11. avatar Connie Deane says:

Thank you for the Welcome :) I found this site just this morning through a link at Huffington Post. I have enjoyed Doctor Who since I discovered it two years ago, and have become quite a fan. Glad to know there are resources online to keep up on the latest.

12. avatar Nick says:

I am a big fan of here :) along with a few other sites I consider to be really great with lovely fans none, or little of the moaning especially the in vogue knocking off Steven Moffat.

13. avatar TonyS says:

nearly there then :)

• avatar zarbisupremo says:

Ohhhhhh ! I’m halfway the-ere…