So far we’ve enjoyed two of the Puffin eBooks in January and February. Each one has had a popular author create their version of the First and Second Doctor.
We’re very lucky to have had such amazing authors as Eoin Colfer and Michael Scott (not to be confused with the boss from the US version of The Office) join the Doctor Who fold so far.
In March, we’re going to be treated to a Third Doctor story from the creative mind of Marcus Sedgwick, the author of popular young adult fiction books such as Floodland, My Swordhand is Singing and Monster Mountains.
Here’s the synopsis for his Third Doctor story:
The Third Doctor and Jo Grant are trying to track down the magical spear of Odin when they find themselves caught up in a vicious battle between two Viking tribes. But one of the Vikings is even more dangerous than he appears to be. Can the Doctor stop the spear getting into the wrong hands before it’s too late?
As is standard for a Third Doctor story, you can also expect an appearance from the Master as well, as the author revealed:
Bringing him [the Third Doctor] back to life and pitting him against his old nemesis, The Master, was a huge thrill for me and I hope fans will recognise Jon in the pages of my story.
We’re sure that we will, this seems like it will be a classic mini adventure! Watch Sedgwick discuss it below.
Puffin books will release this adventure on the 23rd of March, and you can purchase it for £1.99 for Kindle. Remember that a printed collection will be available later this year. You can see the full schedule and confirmed authors in the list below:
- First Doctor, William Hartnell (1963-1966) – Eoin Colfer, A Big Hand For The Doctor (Jan 23rd)
- Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton (1966-1969) – Michael Scott, The Nameless City (Feb 23rd)
- Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee (1970-1974) – Marcus Sedgwick, The Spear of Destiny (Mar 23rd)
- Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker (1974-1981) – Author to be revealed on 02.04.13
- Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison (1981-1984) – Author to be revealed on 07.05.13
- Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker (1984-1986) – Author to be revealed on 04.06.13
- Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy (1987-1996) – Author to be revealed on 02.07.13
- Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann (1996) – Author to be revealed on 06.08.13
- Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston (2005) – Author to be revealed on 03.09.13
- Tenth Doctor, David Tennant (2005-2010) – Author to be revealed on 01.10.13
- Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith (2010-present) – Author to be revealed on 05.11.13